PDA

View Full Version : Pre-emergent after Reseeding in Fall - Zone 7A

covinastk
08-08-2010, 08:51 PM
I am in zone 7A in carolinas and have Tall Fescue. I usually reseed my lawn anytime during late Sept through Oct. This time I want to apply pre-emergent Barricade 4FL. I know that reseeding and pre-emergent cannot go together. One should elect either one. But, I want to do both this time. I want to reseed in mid Sept and apply pre-emergent in late Oct. So that I will give at least 6 weeks time to seeds germinate. Am I doing it right? Anyway, I am going to apply pre-emergent in early Spring (Late Feb or Mid March next year).

White Gardens
08-08-2010, 09:25 PM
I am in zone 7A in carolinas and have Tall Fescue. I usually reseed my lawn anytime during late Sept through Oct. This time I want to apply pre-emergent Barricade 4FL. I know that reseeding and pre-emergent cannot go together. One should elect either one. But, I want to do both this time. I want to reseed in mid Sept and apply pre-emergent in late Oct. So that I will give at least 6 weeks time to seeds germinate. Am I doing it right? Anyway, I am going to apply pre-emergent in early Spring (Late Feb or Mid March next year).

Post in the pesticide and herbicide section, you'll get good answers there.