PDA

View Full Version : Fastrack 54

lgbgen
08-08-2010, 10:45 PM
I have a Hustler Fastrak 54 that the blades will not engage. I was mowing in normal turf when the blades suddenly for no apparent reason stopped. It was late so quit for the day. Next day started mower and blades engaged and ran for about a minute then quit. I can't find any obstructions. The ten amp fuse is OK. When you pull the knob to engage the drive pulley does not spin. Does this mean the electric clutch is bad or am I missing something?

FIXDISS
08-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Use a voltmeter to check for voltage at the clutch. If you are getting voltage you have a clutch issue. Some clutches are adjustable while others are not. If you do not have voltage then check for power coming from the pto switch, relays etc.

dutch1
08-08-2010, 11:51 PM
With the engine running, engage the blades. When the blades stop, unplug the wiring harness at the clutch and with a volt meter check for voltage at the wiring harness--should have around 14 volts DC. If you do not have the proper voltage, then you may want to adjust the air gap on the clutch if it is an adjustable type to .012 to .014. If it is not of the adjustable, then you'll most likely have to replace the clutch.

If you don't have proper voltage at the harness you have other electrical problems.

lgbgen
08-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks guys for the help. It was a broken wire from a stick.

Larry

FIXDISS
08-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks for letting us all know what the solution was. Havagudun...