PDA

View Full Version : Heat. Bet you've overlooked this....

DVS Hardscaper
08-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Have you replaced the thermostats in your skid steer(s) and trucks??

Do your super duper looper $10 to $14 / hr workers even pay attention to the gauges??? By staying abreast of this, you don't have to worry about whether your boys ever look at the gauges.

Not something you wanna wait for it to go bad. Will cost you a fortune if you wait.

Get your faces away from the computer and go get your equipment's cooling system up to par....

www.outdoorfinishes.com
www.poolsremoved.com

Woodland
08-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Helpful hint, or lesson learned??? I smell a good story coming......

DVS Hardscaper
08-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Sorry, no good story :(

I am one of those guys that will run a truck or a machine until it just won't go anymore.

I had a 1989 3/4 ton Chevy truck. I racked up over 300k miles. I never had any major issues with it. Never had to have it towed. The reason is because I would replace parts BEFORE they went bad. (now I did ruin a transmission on that truck, but that was self-inflicted from plowing snow at a rookie stage in my plowing career)

Our CAT skid steer is a 2003 with around 2200 hrs. Still has the original battery. This fall it will get a new battery installed.

The following I will buy, but not install:
1) starter
1) altenator
1) water pump
1) Altenator / water pump belt This is sommething that is covered with a safety cover on most skid steers, and is often overlooked / neglected.

I would love to have an extra fuel pump on hand.....but those are a little salty!

I will keep these parts on a shelf. And the reason is: so that when we're plowing snow at 3:37 in the morning and the altenator stops working - I don't have to worry about whether or not the local CAT shop will be opened or closed due to inclement weather.