PDA

View Full Version : Transmission cooler install trouble

Barkleymut
08-02-2002, 01:15 AM
OK nothing has gone wrong yet with the install except that I don't know where to start. I bought the kit and it has directions that say to find the right hoses to plug this thing into. The only problem is I don't know if mine transmission has any hoses. I have a 98 Ram 1500 2WD with A/T. Does anyone know where I can install this thing as I am concerned that my transmission could really benefit from this cooler.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
08-16-2002, 06:14 PM
There should be two steel lines running from the tranny , along the frame rails and up to the Radiator in front.. One is the in line and one the out.. Your manual should help you determine which is which.. You can mount the cooler in front of the radiator , that s the most common place, But for my applications I have actually mounted them under the floor pan of the cab...

thelawnguy
08-16-2002, 10:10 PM
Most Dodges come with a factory aux cooler already installed. Its beteen the AC condenser and the radiator.

If your truck does not have a factory cooler, the pressure line runs into a fitting at the top passenger side of the radiator and the return line exits out the lower passenger side. If it does have an aux cooler (or to install yours) the pressure line enters the aux cooler, then the other end of the aux cooler enters the upper fitting in the radiator. The return line still exits the lower fitting.

If for some stupid reason you want to run new lines direct from the transmission the forward port on the trans above and just to the front of the pan is the pressure line and the one rearward of the pan (both on drivers side) is the return.