PDA

View Full Version : Scag Turf Tiger Parking brake problem

goneinsixty
08-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with the stud at the bottom of the brake band breaking? Every Turf Tiger I have owned has had the same problem. After a while the bottom stud breaks in the housing and is a pain to get out and replace. Any Thoughts?

dutch1
08-09-2010, 03:06 PM
If it is the bolt that I suspect, I don't know what more can be done as they specify a grade 8 bolt. Check with a dealer to see if Scag has experienced similar problems.

djagusch
08-09-2010, 10:50 PM
I had the problem also. After I started to strap the mower on the trailer properly it went away. Grade 8 bolts, don't set it very tight, it doesn't need much tension to keep the mower from rolling, grease the top band area, and make sure you strap it down so it doesn't move (I use fast straps).

ed2hess
08-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Yep it happens constantly....hardened bolts didn't seem to make it a lot better so I just carry a bunch of bolts in shop.

cannondale23
08-28-2010, 10:08 PM
I noticed my cub would not stay still down hill while the brake was on. Just by chance, I was cleaning out something on my Scag Tiger cub and had to take the wheel off and found the bottom screw broken that holds the brake shoe, I used a chisel to get the bottom part from the thread and put in a new screw had not had the problem since...good to know it is a common nuisance