PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Which Smartphone do you use?

tedpenn
08-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Are you using plain old cellphones? Smartphones?

How about Push-To-Talk? (walkie talkie type feature)

Do all of your crews use the same phone?

How do you dispatch? Radio? Cellphones? Job list at the beginning of the day? How much does each crew vary from the day's route plan?

tedpenn
08-12-2010, 03:41 PM
95 views and only a handful of responses? Do you guys just hate these polls or something?

It takes all of about 3 seconds to respond. I'd really appreciate the info.

Thanks!

castlerockmo
08-12-2010, 04:58 PM
I use the blackberry. I really don't know why guess because it was between this or the driod, I didn't like it. But I keep in contact with a lot of my clients VIA email. So its nice to have, also have to check out lawnsite throughout the day!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mark Oomkes
08-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Is something that has to have the battery removed regularly so I don't miss phone calls and receive texts within 5-7 hours really that smart?

IF so, my vote is the Blackberry.

Runner
08-12-2010, 06:52 PM
I have the Samsung Moment that operates with the Droid OS, and absolutely love it. It is through Sprint, and I just got it about a little over a month ago. I was with verizon for about 14 years, but their package was costing me way too much, and their data program would have cost me even more. My Sprint package comes in about 1/2 the cost per month that the equivalent verizon package would cost me for my needs. Verizon didn't even want to work with me a bit on it - even after 15 years of being a loyal customer. they just had a smug, arrogant attitude of "we don't HAVE to work on price - we have the big red map". Well, guess what,...you just lost a good customer, so KEEP your big red map. Next time I'm standing out in the middle of a desolate cornfield in Iowa, I'll give it some thought, But for MY use? Sprint does well, and I get SO much more, for so much less (I used to have only talk and some texting). Now, I have talk, unlimited texting, tv, unlimited web - including weather and radar, gps with directions and maps, and so many cool aps, I am STILL amazed at what all this phone does. And all this, for a cheaper price than what I was paying before with just the talk and texting, let ALONE how much less it is than what I would be paying for verizon's equivalent program with their $30/mo. extra charge for their "data plan". Like I say,...I am currently paying about 1/2 of what verizon would be charging.

jbell36
08-17-2010, 12:03 AM
iphone for sure, blackberry isn't even on the same level as the iphone in my opinion, the text on it looks like it's from the 80's haha...i have been thinking about getting iphones for the whole business but i'm waiting for next year to see how many that might be, i've had experiences in the past with employees not paying their phone bills therefore not being able to be reached...plus everyone listens to music while working anyways and the iphone does that, it would be a nice perk for the employees but might be too costly

Ruben Rocha
08-17-2010, 05:30 PM
I did not vote because i use the samsung blackjack.
It does all I need.

Rex Mann
08-17-2010, 05:38 PM
I have had the Iphone since it was introduced. So about three years. I just became tired of it, and was ready for a change. It worked out because my contract had been up. Now using the Samsung Captivate, which is a Droid based phone. Many useful apps that are free. Much faster than my 3G.
Love the Swype text and the talk to text feature. Way safer driving.

Peace,

Rex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usLiCbIhsVk

bwvfan
08-21-2010, 11:52 AM
If you have as few a 5 phones it can make sense to setup a corporate/business account for your cell phones. With a business account we are able to do the following:
1. We use a pooled business account. We buy a block of minutes for all phones to use. Minutes per phone don't really matter as long as the total for the month don't go over the pool.
2. If the phones are all on the same carrier calls between the phones do not use minutes.
3. Many carriers, such as ATT now have "free" lists you can use if your phone plan qualifies (and most business accounts do). We are able to list 10 non-carrier numbers for each/all phones which then do not incur any charges. For example we put the number of each persons home, etc. on their phone.
4. We provide the phones becuase we want control of the phone numbers. When and employee leaves we maintain the number and move it to the next employees. This way customers are still connected to us and not calling another service based on the new employer of an ex-employee.
5. For most employees we provide a basic non-data phone. Even the most basic phones have cameras, MP3, WAP email, and usually can be obtained for little or no cost. For the top level groups we use Blackberries with data plans only because Blackberry uses their own network for mail which is encrypted from end to end.

Texas Lawn
08-24-2010, 01:30 PM
I selected the iPhone but meant to select the iPad as well. It is a pretty sweet tool to use for business. I am able to check emails, type up letters, and surf the internet with ease. I travel a lot and this thing make flying bearable. I also like it for being able to show customers things like pictures, reports, etc. that cant be shown on the phone.

Some people say why not use the netbooks? Netbooks are ok and actually have some superior benefits to the iPad but the iPad is some much easier to use.

In the end, yes its just a big iPhone. But an awesome big iPhone

LawnGuy73
09-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Went from the Blackberry 8350i to the Motorola i1, and now to the Samsung EPIC. But I think that I'm going back to the Blackberry, the Droid is not for business at all. Its more set up for teenagers, plus POP3 mail accounts and the droid software do not like eachother.