PDA

View Full Version : anyone clear gutters?

vaacutabove
08-09-2010, 04:09 PM
I had one person ask me if I do gutters I have been cutting her grass since I was 16 so almost 10 years. I told her I would do it than got to thinking to my self to call around and offer it to other clients. well almost everyone I asked said go for it. now Im not to sure what I should charge. got enough to make a day out of cleaning gutter witch is good starting to run into slower times due to the only rain we have been getting is 3 inches in bout 30 an hr.

Lefet
08-09-2010, 04:19 PM
We do, good way to make some extra money on down days.

stan the man
08-09-2010, 04:25 PM
i do .75 feet i do all my in the fall as i do do fall clean up

topsites
08-09-2010, 04:59 PM
You might test yourself on that there theory with a couple of single story houses
that look like their roofs slope gently first, gutters are always the easy job to talk
about when all concerned parties are standing on terra firma but believe me the world
looks a whole lot different from up above lol

And you'll really want to be careful with that dang ladder, too.

Lefet
08-09-2010, 05:13 PM
and those power lines that are always at the corner.

vaacutabove
08-09-2010, 08:49 PM
my full time job is a firefighter so ladders a roofs a commen for me. what do yall charge or what kinda price structure do you go by

kodak mowing
08-09-2010, 10:03 PM
i find a rate that easy to market like small house 30-40 and up for big house with steep roofs,its easy work if you aint scared of heights,haha.i did clean gutters on a big house last year were i charge 150 and took about 2 hours

meicher806
08-09-2010, 10:44 PM
We do, cost is dependant on the job. our min charge is 65.00 for non regular customers and 35 for regulars.

whosedog
08-09-2010, 11:02 PM
You can't give a price over the phone,I've done that and found gutters with trees growing in then clogged with several years worth of composted leaves;I end up spending 2+ hours on what should be a 30 minute job.There's a guy here that advertises $85 any house,he must do good he even rents advertising space on billboards,he does repairs and installations also.

ajslands
08-10-2010, 12:49 AM
.50-$.75 pr ft.

Hope your not affraid of heights!

Also hope you can climb a ladder with a backback blower and you are able to walk on a roof at least 30'
Posted via Mobile Device

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
08-10-2010, 10:55 PM
i do this in spring and late fall. i use the backpack blowers and walk around on top of the roof blow out the gutters and then the downspouts really good. for a gentle slanted roof on a 2000-3200 sq ft 1 story i charge $40 and for a 2 story, similar sq ft i charge $65 or so.

vaacutabove
08-24-2010, 10:33 PM
got out did the gutters all day was easy work made good money already ligned em up for the fall again

bignamelawncare
08-24-2010, 11:18 PM
We do whatever the clients request. Gutters are a good way to make some "extra" money.

rollinrock
09-29-2010, 02:34 PM
This would be a great tack on service . . .

When you or your guys are almost done give a call to the property owner and tell them hey since we are already doing the lawn you want us to clean out the gutter while we are at your home today?

Make sure you have already decided how much you want to charge. And tell them you will give them a discount if they take you up on this deal today only.

Give them the excuse you had an extra time slot otherwise you would normally charge X.

And if they ask you to do the gutters on the next trim, bill them the original quote no special deals. Because they will test you.

This means you are serious. Don't give in. Tell them that was a special one time deal.

This should add a little bit more to the bottom line.

Note: make sure this job can be done quickly. You don't want to spends hours on this, so you might pick and choose before you call the home owner.