PDA

View Full Version : Weed Eater Grass Timmer idle speed adjustment

javastring
08-09-2010, 08:18 PM
i have gas powered Weed eater grass timmer (model FL26)

trimmer do not idel when throtle is let go. I tried adjusting idle speed screw (clockwise to increase idle speed) but still do not idel. screw is turned to max position.

Can someone suggest the solution?

Thanks,

mowerknower
08-09-2010, 11:09 PM

trimmer do not idel when throtle is let go. I tried adjusting idle speed screw (clockwise to increase idle speed) but still do not idel. screw is turned to max position.

Thanks,

Listen carefully and follow these steps
1. Walk outside and grab the trimmer
2. Open the lid of the garbage can
3. Place POS in the garbage can
4. Get in vehicle
5. Drive to a Stihl dealer
6. Buy a new trimmer

Sorry I could not resist, those things are not worth your time trying to repair.

FIXDISS
08-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Are you sure you are turning the idle adjustment screw and not the fuel mixture adjusting screw ? Is that a Walbro carb with single mixture adjusting screw or does it have 2 screws;one for low speed adjustment and one for high speed adjustment ? The idle speed screw adjusts the position of the throttle plate/butter-fly .

javastring
08-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Are you sure you are turning the idle adjustment screw and not the fuel mixture adjusting screw ? Is that a Walbro carb with single mixture adjusting screw or does it have 2 screws;one for low speed adjustment and one for high speed adjustment ? The idle speed screw adjusts the position of the throttle plate/butter-fly .

According to manual i believe one screw with spring in between is the one for idle speed adjustment screw (that's the one i had rotated so far).
Also since you mentioned underneath this screw there is small two round section and inside there are two screws but not sure what those are for (looks like it may need different tool to turn that).

dutch1
08-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Weedeater is a Poulan product and your model shows it came with both a Zama C1U, W18 and a Walbro WY669. Look at both of their websites for troubleshooting and repair manuals.

I'm with Mowerknower, they're hardly worth the effort.

topsites
08-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Oh yeah, Poulan, I guess they're better than Homelite.

TurboMazda
08-10-2010, 11:42 PM

Thanks,

Besides the idle bolt there are 2 needle adjust, 1 with a L and the other one with H, try adjusting the L=low speed, left for more rich, or turn right for lean, in combination with idle you'll get it working right. Also check spark plug and air filter.

TurboMazda
08-10-2010, 11:45 PM

I google the model and brand and end it up with walbro carbs. check it out.
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/weed-eater-fl26-gas-trimmer-parts-c-17589_17626_18085.html
There is nothing better then a commercial grade trimmer, but if this one still has life in it, use it 'til there is no hope, I have a weed eater bought on 2002 and it is still working, starts from first pull model BC 2400.

javastring
08-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Besides the idle bolt there are 2 needle adjust, 1 with a L and the other one with H, try adjusting the L=low speed, left for more rich, or turn right for lean, in combination with idle you'll get it working right. Also check spark plug and air filter.

not sure if i saw L or H written next to those small screws but i will try. Is there any special tool to move those, becasue its sort of inside two holes?