PDA

View Full Version : Snapper 26" Tire/Wheel Replacement

dsaing
08-02-2002, 12:30 PM
I would like to replace the original plastic tires/wheels on my Snapper 26" WB with a turf saver or pneumatic tires/wheels. My yard has a slight upgrade with tight turns and mower is tearing up the lawn. Does anyone have any experience to share? Where can I find replacement tire/wheel? What do I need to know from my original tires/wheels in order for me to order or buy the replacements?

Thanks,
Darrick

rkbrown
08-02-2002, 12:54 PM
I wanted to move to bigger sized wheels on my snapper 21" without luck. The front wheels on the 21 are 8" and the rear are 10". My goal was to be able to cut at 4" rather than 3.5". I set out to look for 10" front and 12" rears. I could not find 12" mower wheels, so I settled on replacing with same sized wheels. The things you need to be aware of when purchasing these wheels are the offsets. Snapper 21" has a 3/8 offset, I believe. Sorry I can't help more.

On edit: I am currently rebuilding the wheel and height adjustment assemblies on two toro proline 21's and am having the same problems as with the snapper. I would like to go higher, but am having problems finding the right wheels. I have gotten new stock ones for now.