PDA

View Full Version : Software for Our Industry

sauers513
08-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi there,

I have been trying to find software to centralize all of our business needs. We have been using Quickbooks since the beginning of time, and it has been great, but I think our company is ready for an upgrade. If data collection and keeping track of various things is the lifeblood of business, then I am heading towards investing in some more advanced software.

How do other companies keep track of all the necessary things to keep track of and streamline daily activities?

Conversion Rate... (How many phone calls turn into jobs?)
Job Profitability...
Backlog of work...
Statement of Cash Flows...

Proposal to work order....
Job costing....
Accounting for hours on jobs and unbillable hours...
Taking phone calls and getting them to the right people....

Is anyone really really happy with the software/system they have in place? I would really appreciate some input on helping systemize our business.

snowman55
08-11-2010, 11:19 AM
you find one that works let me know I have tried tons of programs and have yet to find one that will incorperate all that data we currently run several, quickbooks,outlook, qx, and multiple spreadsheets

sauers513
08-11-2010, 11:55 AM
I found something called Service Auto Pilot. It looks good but I cant find any testimonials on it though.

Mark Oomkes
08-11-2010, 01:29 PM
I had Clip in the past, loved having different numbers for a period of time for reports.

Customer service left a little to be desired. Being an alpha tester really sucked. And it was never their fault.

QX is far more stable and works great, I just hate the bending over and paying $700 a year for the upgrade and to keep support available. I don't even get a card either.

I think someday I will be using www.pencilandpaper.com .

Or just QB, I don't use half the crap in QX because I have a business to run.

johnclark023
08-12-2010, 02:45 AM
We are using a program right now called RealGreen-Service Assistant I have used many different systems, but it will handle anything from billing and payment, to scheduling, mapping, telemarketing, etc. There are some simple program functions that it lacks once you get to using it, however, it's a great program over all.