PDA

View Full Version : ? about owners office placement in building

Az Gardener
08-10-2010, 10:31 PM
So I am laying out our new office. Right now its just a big open room 49 X 29. I would like to place my office up in front where there is a big window. But all the action will occur near the back where the guys come and go, their cubicles are there, the soda machine, bathroom etc.

I like chatting with the guys at the end of the day while they are completing paperwork, filling out their production ratios, making lists and so on. But I hate not seeing the light of day and a back office means 4 walls and light bulbs.

Any input from guys who have been their done that? Where is your office positioned in your building and how does it work for you? Regrets, success stories anything? Also any tips for things I may have overlooked.

My proposed men's room has 2 stalls and 2 urinals, and I have a large "handicapped/ family" restroom too.

cut level
08-11-2010, 08:19 AM
MIght as well throw you a shower in there as well! Never know when you may "just get done in time" and then 15 minutes to the house and it turns into 40 before you leave then the wife is pissed cause "You are always late"! Be nice to jump in the shower, just leave a couple changes of clothes in the office and bam evrybody is happy except you for wherever you are having to rush to!LOL

I have started working on my time managemant skills this last month really hard so I had to respond AZ

lawnangel1
08-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Is it an option to move the cubicles forward next to your office?

Miles Limited
08-13-2010, 06:22 PM
If you own the building, then knock out a space for a new window...

MarcSmith
08-13-2010, 06:48 PM
if you like chatting with the guys then set up a "satellite desk" in their area...but keep your main office away from the distractions. What happens if you get big enough to have an extra manager or two and you want to keep a layer between you and the employees. but having the you permanent office away from the ruckus when the crews come home, you'll have less of a chance of getting disturbed if you are in the middle of things. plus it keeps the prying eyes and lookee loos from being nosy in your office if you are not around..

georgiagrass
08-18-2010, 02:00 AM
if you like chatting with the guys then set up a "satellite desk" in their area...but keep your main office away from the distractions. What happens if you get big enough to have an extra manager or two and you want to keep a layer between you and the employees. but having the you permanent office away from the ruckus when the crews come home, you'll have less of a chance of getting disturbed if you are in the middle of things. plus it keeps the prying eyes and lookee loos from being nosy in your office if you are not around..

What Marc said.