PDA

View Full Version : Echo 210 Weed Trimmer

SellingIron
08-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Guys, I have a 1 year old Echo 210 trimmer that will not start. I'm getting spark and the plug is wet so I'm assuming its getting gas. When I try and start the trimmer, It sounds like its getting no spark or fuel. Any Ideas.

Indyplower
08-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Will it fire if you put a squirt of stating fluid in the air filter?
If yes, your not getting fuel.

If no, then change the spark plug it's cheap and it may be fouled.

let us know how that goes and we can go from there.

Mike

dutch1
08-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Stick a new plug in it then pull the air filter and give it a shot of flammable carb/choke cleaner and see if will fire. If it will run a very short time on it then you likely have a fuel related problem. You may also want to check the intank fuel filter to make sure it is allowing sufficient fuel flow.

I thought Echo had a 3 year warranty on homeowner equipment so you may want to check with the dealer before you tear anything down. If you bought it at a Big Box Store--good luck.

Indyplower
08-11-2010, 01:06 PM
echo's loose the vacum at the black plug, 3 hose connection to the fuel tank.

it's $11. to replace it.

you can also pump the fuel bulb and see if you have suction there, if you don't see the fuel moving in the bulb when you release it, i would check the seal, fuel lines and filter, it's a cheap fix and it will run like brand new if thats it.

Good luck

SellingIron
08-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks guys for the help. I will try it all and see what works. I did notice some cracking by the three gas lines, but when I primed the ball I notice gas bubbles going through.. Now that I think about it, the 210 model mite be my blower. Either way I will give it a shot. Thanks Again and I will post my findings.

SellingIron
08-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Its a SRM-210 Trimmer. I just put some Hi-Temp gasket sealant on the rubber grommet...

dutch1
08-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Don't waste your time with the silicone. You can buy a new tank grommet for a couple of bucks and with new fuel lines you're back to new.

SellingIron
08-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Well replaced the plug and that didn't fix it. I sprayed starter fluid in the air filter and it fired right up. Fuel grommet and line next..

SellingIron
08-31-2010, 02:36 PM
POS!!!! Installed new Spark plug, New gromment fuel line assy. Still not starting. Spray starter fluid and it will start right up. Gas doesn't smell bad??What am I missing??:hammerhead:

ed2hess
08-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Take the carb apart and clean it up with carb cleaner. Souldn't be any damage on parts after only a year.

karlgrooms
08-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Mine did the same thing. After wasting time on a repower kit and other things like taking out the spark arrester and cleaning the carb. It went in the dumpster. I got a Stihl fs 90 and am so much happier. Before you do much more. Take it to a dealer and get it repaired under warranty.

sharkey
09-02-2010, 03:50 AM
Mix some fresh gas and try it again. Echo's are fairly straightforward. Check for spark by grounding the plug. Check the fuel lines for problems with pin holes and cracks. Also, pull the spark screen that covers the muffler outlet. Sometimes those screens ash up and wont allow any air to flow. If you hit something hard, check the flywheel key to make sure the timing is on.

SellingIron
09-10-2010, 06:06 PM
What a piece of junk.. Took carb apart and cleaned it in and out, put back together and does the same thing. Its getting spark.. It just sounds like its not. I spary starter fluid and it fires right up. Replaced spark plug, fuel lines & grommet ($15.00)

Before this trimmer I had a Homedepot 4n1 ryobi trimmer/edger ($139.00). It lasted me 7 years and I beat the S#!t out of it. I'm using the same gas in the echo edger and blower with no problems...

dboyd351
09-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your trouble. A new Ryobi could easily be just as bad. I just returned a 28000 Ryobi powerhead that would not start at all, brand new out of the box:mad:. If you read the reviews on the some of the new Ryobis there are quite a few that either won't start at all or run like crap, brand new out of the box.
Either way, I hope you get it fixed soon.

StihlMechanic
09-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Did you check the screen in the carb? If you didnt see it, it was prob clogged. was there fuel IN the carb when you disassembled it? if not, there is an issue between the carb and fuel filter, but you have eliminated this with new parts. I hate echo, the rotary valve carbs are junk, I replace one on an echo once a week.

The Lawn Ranger CT.
09-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Have you tried a carb kit with new gaskets~? mine did the samething and put a carb kit & gaskets in and fixed the problem.