PDA

View Full Version : ZTR rider tire problem

Expert Lawns
08-02-2002, 07:14 PM
i have a 48'' exmark lazer z. one of the smaller front tires goes flat or off the rim if too much pressure is put on it, or if it hits the slightest bump while turning. i know these tires are tubeless, but why does it happen so often and only to one tire. there is nothing visibly wrong with it.

olfrt
08-02-2002, 07:22 PM
tire pressure can play a big part in the tire coming of the rim. the pressure gets low and you make a turn the tire comes of the rim.

check it often and set to what the mfg recommends.

a slow leak cab be a pain. If all else fails try tubing it.

wattsup
08-02-2002, 07:35 PM
Check your air pressure while the tire is cold (at night). Check it again in the morning while still cold if the pressure is low you have a leak. I have had great results with Slime, the green stuff.

KenH
08-02-2002, 07:37 PM
Also make sure your rim is not bent at all.

Runner
08-02-2002, 07:43 PM
Pull it off the mower, put the wheel in a vice, break the bead, clean the rim edge and the tire bead edge, lube it up with dishsoap rather well, re-inflte to a high enough pressure that both beads set, (you'll hear them pop), then deflate to recommended pressure. ;)

Alan Bechard
08-02-2002, 08:51 PM
I run front tubes in my 60" Dixon and ran tubes in my Promaster 100. Just less hassle to me, Had tons of problems with this on the promaster. My wife always struggled getting them to seat back up in the field as well, nothing like losing a day with a mower over something like that.

Have never had one come off of my Lazer Z and they are still tubeless.

Al B

1grnlwn
08-02-2002, 11:26 PM
Don't forget to slime them . That will save a lot of time.

Mark

mowngrow
08-02-2002, 11:32 PM
try cleaning the seal, there may be a small bur on the rim.
if that doesnt work try slime have had good results with it
if you still have a problem replace the rim and tire
good luck

Phishook
08-02-2002, 11:45 PM
If the bead is leaking, clean it real good (of coarse), then use a bead sealer. Most auto stores stock it. It's all most like a liquid rubber.

J Thomas has a zero-flat tire, but they run about $80.

Expert Lawns
08-03-2002, 08:44 AM
slime? please induldge:confused:

GSJ
08-03-2002, 08:56 AM
Ken H is correct. If your rim is even slightly bent it will pop
off easier at that spot.

1grnlwn
08-03-2002, 11:05 AM
Slime is a sticky solution with chopped fibers added. It is pumped into the tire and coats the inside of the tire. When (notice I didn't say if) the tire is punctured the inside pressure forces slime into the hole and seals it. We slime our tires immediatly after purchase. Some mfgs are doing it before sale (its that important)

Mark

TurfGuyTX
08-08-2002, 05:43 PM
We haven't had any problems since we started sliming our tires. The stuff works!!

mdb landscaping
08-08-2002, 06:17 PM
You could have the front caster tires filled with a new foam product out. you will never have to deal with inflation problems again. Its a foam that expands in the tire, and if you run over nails etc... your tire will not go flat.

eslawns
08-08-2002, 09:32 PM
J Thomas has a zero-flat tire, but they run about $80.

The price depends on the application. They don't list one for my Husky, but I found one that works and have had them for a few weeks with no problems. And they were about $130 for 2, and came in 2 days.

They do ride a little hard on paved surfaces, but I can't tell the difference on soil. Other than that I can't tell any difference besides not fixing flats every other day.