PDA

View Full Version : Painting grass!

JFGauvreau
08-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Is this for real? Painting grass green? I guess people really want a FAST result nowadays.

I bet the paint is full of chemical that will kill your lawn, or it screw up your lawn mower real bad.

The service is only a couple of hundred bucks, so I guess you have to do it every week? lol

http://news.yahoo.com/video/environment-15749659/spray-your-way-to-a-greener-lawn-21286457

LawnoftheMonth
08-13-2010, 11:26 PM
You are wrong on each assumption there. I didn't click your link, but green lawnger is safe, lasts 13-14 weeks and doesn't mess up anything..other than the spray tank nozzles or concrete that it gets on, which is why I don't use it.

JFGauvreau
08-14-2010, 09:23 AM
How is it supposed to last 13-14 weeks? They just paint the existing grass, so if you cut your lawn after that.. then it grows back?

MarcSmith
08-14-2010, 09:35 AM
you would use in times of dormancy when you are not cutting it such that the lawn stays green and looks purty.

when i worked for disney we painted turf all the time. the show must go on. plus painted turf always looked more vibrant on TV..

but yes the grass will grow out of the paint eventually as you cut it...

heck if you are going to spend that much to paint it you might as well over seed with some rye...

White Gardens
08-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Painting is also good for homes that are for sale.

I've done two for open houses in the middle of the summer when the lawn was golden brown.

cgaengineer
09-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Lets revive this thread...anyone try the lesco stuff? Backpack or skid?

socallawndude
09-25-2010, 02:33 AM
Never tried Lesco, or anything for that matter but am looking for all the info I can get on this for the dormant season. I plan on using a backpack for many reasons, but chief among them being the average size of yards around me is fairly small and I'm used to backpack anyhow

MR-G
01-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Lets revive this thread...anyone try the lesco stuff? Backpack or skid?the lesco paint works well....its pretty amazing actually....great for dormant or drought lawns....takes a little practice to learn how best to use it...its keeping my guys working though...otherwise we would be hurting right now as florida was hit hard this winter with cold temps....:usflag:

cgaengineer
01-08-2011, 10:42 AM
the lesco paint works well....its pretty amazing actually....great for dormant or drought lawns....takes a little practice to learn how best to use it...its keeping my guys working though...otherwise we would be hurting right now as florida was hit hard this winter with cold temps....:usflag:

Just to update this thread...lawn paints do not work well in a skid sprayer....the skid can handle them, it just doesn't cover as much area.
Posted via Mobile Device

HobieDude
03-18-2011, 08:55 AM
We're going to try to paint a baseball infield with the Green Lawnger product soon. Has anybody used an Earthway 6 gallon push spayer to apply paint or would we be better off using back pack sprayers?

MR-G
03-18-2011, 09:06 AM
We're going to try to paint a baseball infield with the Green Lawnger product soon. Has anybody used an Earthway 6 gallon push spayer to apply paint or would we be better off using back pack sprayers? better off with backpacks...more control and less paint...we have tried both and got better results from backpacks....but if your'e trying to stripe different shades the push sprayer may be better.:usflag:

justthegreen
03-20-2011, 03:08 AM
I have been spraying fields for about 10 years now and use a product called the "Natural Green Grass Patch" with a 50 gallon skid sprayer, boom attachment and time to time, we use a push front with a wide boom attachment.