PDA

View Full Version : A tree job i started to day working solo

joef450snowplow
08-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Tree job I started today hopefully ill be done tomorrow SORRY NOT THE BEST PICS there from my phone

JosephLawnCare
08-11-2010, 04:48 PM
what are you going to drop the rest of it with? are you getting a lift? it looks like you need one. And doing tree work solo is crazy!!

joef450snowplow
08-11-2010, 04:55 PM
just the trunk is left its a little taller than 6ft i didnt get a pic of it

ajslands
08-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Looks good! How you getting the stump out? Next time after you cut the first Y off, have a seat on it and have a drink! And if your gutsy enough, do a hand stand!

joef450snowplow
08-11-2010, 05:06 PM
i got a pair an older friend of mine is a lineman and got me a pair n all this rope n pullys for climbing

joef450snowplow
08-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Looks good! How you getting the stump out? Next time after you cut the first Y off, have a seat on it and have a drink! And if your gutsy enough, do a hand stand!

im going to cut as flush to the ground drink yea thats a great idea haha even if im 16

bobcat48
08-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey joe,how is everything we havent talken in a lone time,looks goo,didnt know u did tree work,nice husky saw.

ajslands
08-11-2010, 06:47 PM
im going to cut as flush to the ground drink yea thats a great idea haha even if im 16

Have a drink of pop or Gatorade.
Posted via Mobile Device

joef450snowplow
08-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Have a drink of pop or Gatorade.
Posted via Mobile Device

on the job always gatorade n lots of water im no dumb a$$ i would never drink on a job ahaha

rfed32
08-11-2010, 07:02 PM
i work for a tree company full time and ur nuts doing tree work solo...we send at least two guys to do anything...even if its pole clipping on a ladder...if i do side tree work always me and another guy

joef450snowplow
08-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Hey joe,how is everything we havent talken in a lone time,looks goo,didnt know u did tree work,nice husky saw.

its going good hbu n thats not my saw i wish it was hah its my uncles

joef450snowplow
08-11-2010, 08:30 PM
i work for a tree company full time and ur nuts doing tree work solo...we send at least two guys to do anything...even if its pole clipping on a ladder...if i do side tree work always me and another guy

haha this isnt the first time iv bin called nuts

clydebusa
08-11-2010, 08:55 PM
No going solo and falling a tree, it could be the last time you've been called alive.

DitchDr
08-11-2010, 08:55 PM
First off , your a idiot.
Second off, good job on taking on something new.
Third, your a idiot for doing it alone. What would happen if a limb went the wrong way and hit you?

For doing it solo, its a good job, but dont do it again. We want to hear from you, not about you.

On a side note. 3 hours max my guys would have that tree down. chipped logs loaded stump ground and payment in hand.

joef450snowplow
08-11-2010, 09:25 PM
First off , your a idiot.
Second off, good job on taking on something new.
Third, your a idiot for doing it alone. What would happen if a limb went the wrong way and hit you?

For doing it solo, its a good job, but dont do it again. We want to hear from you, not about you.

On a side note. 3 hours max my guys would have that tree down. chipped logs loaded stump ground and payment in hand.

haha thanks and when i do my next tree job next week ill make sure i have someone helping me

eatonpcat
08-11-2010, 09:53 PM

I don't cut down trees (except at home), but your time line for that tree seems correct if I was paying someone to take it down.

bobcat48
08-11-2010, 10:52 PM
its going good hbu n thats not my saw i wish it was hah its my uncles

Thats good.me too eveything is fine.thats kool.congarts on the new wright 36''u bought,how is it working out.

rfed32
08-12-2010, 06:41 PM
3hours...weed be in and out in 1...bucket crane and chipper truck...our chipper could eat that tree whole lol but for a single guy thats good time...just be safe thats number one thing when doing any work something as simple as falling three rungs up and the ladder and cutting a limb of your own off...saws are sharp remember that...but keep up the good work

joef450snowplow
08-12-2010, 10:20 PM
hah i bet the chipper would! what brand? haha n today some pain in the A$$ on my block called the cops on me saying there was a child playing with a chain saw n the cop pulls up just as i dropped the 6ft + trunk to the ground

slamjamrockinman
08-13-2010, 01:57 AM
How old are you? No offense but i have a few questions for ya.. Fully insured for this type of work? Are you trained on climbing techniques and rigging techniques to safely lower parts of the tree? All proper safety equipment (climbing gear, rigging and lowering devices, saws, etc..)? and yes a removal like this you should atleast have another guy at the bottom to run ropes if you were even climbing.. Please let the professionals do jobs like this. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen and you could seriously hurt yourself.

bc3xx0
08-13-2010, 04:03 AM
Don't listen to these guys. Another guy would just eat into your profit. That looks to be a city street. If you fell and cut your leg off, surely there would be somebody that would see it or someone that would come along shortly and call 911 for you. It's not like you're out in the woulds by yourself.

joef450snowplow
08-13-2010, 11:50 AM
How old are you? No offense but i have a few questions for ya.. Fully insured for this type of work? Are you trained on climbing techniques and rigging techniques to safely lower parts of the tree? All proper safety equipment (climbing gear, rigging and lowering devices, saws, etc..)? and yes a removal like this you should atleast have another guy at the bottom to run ropes if you were even climbing.. Please let the professionals do jobs like this. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen and you could seriously hurt yourself.

im 16 and i have a family member that does tree work and showed me how to cut a tree and i also have all the safty and climbing gear

joef450snowplow
08-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Don't listen to these guys. Another guy would just eat into your profit. That looks to be a city street. If you fell and cut your leg off, surely there would be somebody that would see it or someone that would come along shortly and call 911 for you. It's not like you're out in the woulds by yourself.

well i agree with everyone that i should have had someone with me it was dumb on my part not to have a helping hand and next im going to have a helping hand and just charge more to take down a tree to pay the person pain and simple

DitchDr
08-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Dont get me wrong, I think you did a good job. But in this line of work you have got ot be safe. It takes less then a second for things to go wrong. A simple job can turn deadly before you know it.

If nothing else pay someone just ot be on the ground to watch you untill you get it cut down and are out of the tree. Heck hire a mexican with a cell phone lol..

Be careful and you can make lots of money in the tree game, just dont let the money over look the safety

DJJS
08-13-2010, 03:30 PM

And the award for worst advice on lawnsite goes to you, my friend...and by the way its woods

well i agree with everyone that i should have had someone with me it was dumb on my part not to have a helping hand and next im going to have a helping hand and just charge more to take down a tree to pay the person pain and simple

Tree work alone's a real bad idea but you did a good job, just bring along the help next time. It'll make it go quicker in addition to being much safer. I learned about tree work the same way you are, my uncle owned a tree service for years and I'd work with him here and there but I never completely realized how dangerous it really is until I d*mn near killed myself in a tree a couple years ago. Take it from someone who knows first had and take every precaution you possibly can. One last point about insurance, you absolutely have to have it doing trees, it's way too high risk to cheap out on. All that being said you did a better job then alot of the guys on here would have done, keep up the good work.

joef450snowplow
08-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Dont get me wrong, I think you did a good job. But in this line of work you have got ot be safe. It takes less then a second for things to go wrong. A simple job can turn deadly before you know it.

If nothing else pay someone just ot be on the ground to watch you untill you get it cut down and are out of the tree. Heck hire a mexican with a cell phone lol..

Be careful and you can make lots of money in the tree game, just dont let the money over look the safety

thank you hhaha even mexicans r pricie hah

joef450snowplow
08-14-2010, 10:50 PM
And the award for worst advice on lawnsite goes to you, my friend...and by the way its woods

Tree work alone's a real bad idea but you did a good job, just bring along the help next time. It'll make it go quicker in addition to being much safer. I learned about tree work the same way you are, my uncle owned a tree service for years and I'd work with him here and there but I never completely realized how dangerous it really is until I d*mn near killed myself in a tree a couple years ago. Take it from someone who knows first had and take every precaution you possibly can. One last point about insurance, you absolutely have to have it doing trees, it's way too high risk to cheap out on. All that being said you did a better job then alot of the guys on here would have done, keep up the good work.

thank you and i dont think i could get insurance at 16 haha i could try

joef450snowplow
08-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Id like to thank you all for your advice and help and to see that there are still good people that are out in todays world to take there time and think about a persons safety they dont even know. not to sound corny but that means something to me thanks n god bless you all

joey7599
08-15-2010, 08:44 PM
what are you doing with the branches

joef450snowplow
08-15-2010, 08:59 PM
copped n tied them up n the town came and took it and the bigger ones and stumps i bring upstate for the fire place and fire pit in the yard

jiggz
08-15-2010, 09:24 PM
im not saying you did but i saw it so i must chime in..never use a chainsaw from a ladder

joef450snowplow
08-15-2010, 10:34 PM
im not saying you did but i saw it so i must chime in..never use a chainsaw from a ladder

just used it to do the lower limes the i couldnt get on my feet n the rest i climbed

bradseabridge
08-15-2010, 10:45 PM
For gods sake, use spell check or something. I don't mind a few grammatical errors because this is the internet. But seriously it's not that hard and it makes you look silly.

Your work looks good, but be safer please. I would never have attempted that without a helper and insurance.

joef450snowplow
08-15-2010, 10:46 PM
For gods sake, use spell check or something. I don't mind a few grammatical errors because this is the internet. But seriously it's not that hard and it makes you look silly.

Your work looks good, but be safer please. I would never have attempted that without a helper and insurance.

haha my bad!!!

Will P.C.
08-16-2010, 12:30 AM
You did a good job, but listen to the guys on this forum about safety and insurance.

I think at 16, you do not understand the magnitude of not having insurance for tree removal. Some major repercussions can come your way

joef450snowplow
08-16-2010, 10:48 PM
You did a good job, but listen to the guys on this forum about safety and insurance.

I think at 16, you do not understand the magnitude of not having insurance for tree removal. Some major repercussions can come your way

thats 100% right