PDA

View Full Version : How much money

ajslands
08-11-2010, 09:53 PM
hey quick few questions I have. Oh and I'm not. Looking fir actual dollars, I was hoping I could get percentages.

How much money should go to the company?
Also how much money should go to laborers?
How much money should go to the owner of the compnay?
And how much should go towards wear and tear on equipment?

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

easycareacres
08-11-2010, 11:17 PM
18 and want all the ground work provided for oneself, go do it then calculate before you dream my friend.

ajslands
08-11-2010, 11:25 PM
18 and want all the ground work provided for oneself, go do it then calculate before you dream my friend.

What!?

I was hoping the person giving the numbers would be sober and has passed 4th grade English! Guess that leaves you out!
Posted via Mobile Device

betterlawnsandlandscaping
08-11-2010, 11:33 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

08-12-2010, 12:41 AM
hey quick few questions I have. Oh and I'm not. Looking fir actual dollars, I was hoping I could get percentages.

How much money should go to the company? 50 %
Also how much money should go to laborers? 50 %
How much money should go to the owner of the compnay? 50 %
And how much should go towards wear and tear on equipment?50 %

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

u must be 100% underpriced, cause my magic geenie says you need 200% ...

Seriously, it will vary an extreme amount from business to business. You're gonna have to figure out your own expenses and costs.

bohiaa
08-12-2010, 07:54 AM
our labor runs around 20%

Mark Oomkes
08-12-2010, 08:21 AM

How much money should go to the company?

100%, the company is who is contracted to do the work, right?

Also how much money should go to laborers?

A fair wage.

Depends, 25-45%. Personally, if your labor costs are 45%, I would say they're too high.

How much money should go to the owner of the compnay?

Depends on what is left over, and if there is any net or net net.

And how much should go towards wear and tear on equipment?

Enough to pay for replacement when it wears out.

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm impressed, an intelligent question.

our labor runs around 20%

Wow, labor costs are really low down there.

FCPWLLC
08-13-2010, 07:50 AM
I'm impressed, an intelligent question.

Wow, labor costs are really low down there.

I don't mow grass.... But that isn't nessisarily true. Based on percentage, 20% really does not tell you how much he's paying. My example is 10%. While that seems low, it is not actually when finding that we shoot for $250/man hr billed. Now it is revealing that labor is making $25/hr.

So it really depends on what the guy is charging to determine if 20% is low or high.

Just wanted to point this out. Because, without ALL the numbers, these percentages are not really going to help original poster.

bohiaa
08-18-2010, 12:39 AM
I don't mow grass.... But that isn't nessisarily true. Based on percentage, 20% really does not tell you how much he's paying. My example is 10%. While that seems low, it is not actually when finding that we shoot for $250/man hr billed. Now it is revealing that labor is making $25/hr.

So it really depends on what the guy is charging to determine if 20% is low or high.

Just wanted to point this out. Because, without ALL the numbers, these percentages are not really going to help original poster.

our start pay is 10.00 an hour. our Crew leaders start at 15.00 per hour.

the highest paid crew leader is paid 18.75 per hour.

this is around 20% we call Monday. employee day. because most all of mondays take home, goes to the employees for the week.

FCP's numbers are simaular to ours. a 3 man crew, should make 250 to 300 Per hour this is NET.
granted you will loose from this number due to BSing.
as you know. Firdays are Obummer days. uncle sambo takes 1 day of the week.

fuel/utilitys/insurance, ect ect ect. takes tuesdays. Wednesday and thursdays are for the company.

here in Texas in Aug, it's hot. we loose about 2 hrs a day for breaks

when you sit down and figure YOUR company. you may find the numbers the same.

however:

how much should go to the owner.
well it depends on how the company is structured.
if your operating under a DBA, he all the money is his.
if your under an inc.
he draws a pay check just like everyone else.

if you dont have the structure right, you can find your self in prision. or paying a hefty fine. and loose the company.