PDA

View Full Version : Who's still using a Weasel?

GrassStitcher
08-12-2010, 08:42 AM
I finally had a chance to create this video for those who believe the Grass Stitcher is just a Weasel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFHEsQqYHRM

SUMMER SPECIAL (limited time)- FREE SHIPPING ($14 - $20 value)- use coupon code - GS83010

For lawnsite members only - mention lawnsite or put in notes when ordering on line and get a free wall mount. ($10.75 value)

100% guaranteed
Life time Warranty

EastCoast
08-12-2010, 10:16 AM
I think the Weasel is still a great tool for the price..... great for aerating small areas where a aerator can't reach.

I also like to run it over my raised beds, for freshing up the mulch.

GrassStitcher
08-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Looks like its going to be a busy seeding season!

Thanks for the orders and please, if you get a chance, leave a review at www.grassstitcher.com

Thanks again!!

GrassStitcher
08-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Fix those bare spots quick, easy and without breaking your back.

12 days left for free shipping and free wall mount!!

GrassStitcher
08-26-2010, 08:07 AM
5 days left for free shipping and wall mount.

GrassStitcher
08-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Two days left for free shipping and wall mount.

sclawndr
09-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Just wanted to chime in and say this company is first rate. If you haven't given the stitcher a look, you should. Naturally I had just received mine when I read this post but a quick note brought a fast response to ship out a wall mount at no charge. David at Lawn Solutions isn't the only one who knows great customer service. Thanks!

Runner
09-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Am I reading the site correctly that this thing is 100 bucks???

GrassStitcher
10-11-2010, 10:33 AM
FYI - You can buy your Grass Stitcher at any John Deere Landscape service center, if you don't see them in the store ask them to order some.

grassman177
10-11-2010, 11:19 AM
dude, fatastic video. seriously, very good and very imformational

i really want one, and like i have said before we do use the weasel, and have multiple of them for our crews.

the catch is, the price. great tool or not, good craftsmanship or not, the unit is still too pricey. I dont mean to offend in any way, but it is THE deterant for us.

GrassStitcher
10-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey Grassman

Thanks, I have ten videos on my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/GrassStitcher

Check out this one - difference between Weasel and Grass Stitcher - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFHEsQqYHRM

If you try one you'll see its worth it, works better, its much easier on your body, plus a life time warranty, many very happy customers.

But don't fret on the price we have a new model coming out that will sell for $59. Not as beefy and can't expand to a double, geared more for the homeowner. The current model will be renamed the Grass Stitcher Pro.

EastCoast
10-11-2010, 12:05 PM
The new unit is still to pricely.... $30 tops.

grassman177
10-11-2010, 02:07 PM
the new unit sounds more like what i will be interested in. i like your innovation to the industry. thanks for the response.

i really like your videos though, i mean they get the point across veyr well and are not cheesy or ******ed. very clean and thought out.

teejet
10-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Good video, seems like a good product.

br549oicu8
10-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Ok, settle down and be gentlemen again. It's all good.
I saw the product at GIE last year and it looked pretty good. The price is a bit high, but that's just me. We may try one, though. I have 3 more new Weasels in my shop before we get too serious. We mainly use them to touch up a divot if the guys tear up a lawn when we have to mow when wet.
I'll check them out closwer this year.

Darryl G
10-14-2010, 08:06 PM
I just wanted to step in here in defense of the Grass Stitcher. It really is a good tool and it works as advertised. I used it a little in the spring and have used it pretty extenstvely this fall. It's great for pets spots, worn pathways, edges and other tight spots you can't get a slit seeder into and spot repairs in general.

I recently used mine on a job where I did a new lawn install and after 2 weeks it was apparent that there were a few thin spots. I was able to use it without disturbing the new seedlings to thicken up those spots. Usually I would have had to wait longer before addressing the thin areas. The customer was impressed that I addressed the issue so quickly.

Today I used it on a lawn that I slit seeded a couple of weeks ago. I had used a rental Bluebird and the tines were pretty worn and in this one spot that was compacted and had a lot of dead grass I didn't get enough penetration even with it all the way down. I talked to the homeowner and told them I wasn't satisfied with the results and would adrress it right then and there. In both of these situations the Grass Stitcher came to the rescue. 2 happy customers is easily worth $100 to me.

I have the original model, but, although the new model is supposedly geared toward homeowners, it would probably be just fine for pros too. As far as the original model goes, the thing is built like a tank yet still not heavy. I can't imagine breaking it unless you run it over with your truck.

To those of you putting the Grass Stitcher down, I suggest you hold your comments until you have actually used it and to show the sponsors here (and everyone else for that matter) some respect!

grassman177
10-14-2010, 08:41 PM
yeah, dude has some thing in his rear to be acting like that on here towards a sponsor who did nothing wrong. i think and can tell it is a very quality product.

tools for the job>? well, weasels are the perfect tool for edges and small spots(grass stitcher better) . why drag a bigger tool that requires gas and oil when you dont have to? many use these products like we do and they are perfect. weasels are weak though and will kick your butt where i can tell this stitcher is made strong and way more ergo. by the way sponsor, br549oicu8 is my dad, which he will be seeing you at the GIE he said which makes me smile!

Darryl G
10-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Well the dude does have one valid point. Based on my quickly timing the time spent on the test patches with the Weasel and the Grass Stitcher, the Stitcher did get about 3 additional seconds, lol.

grassman177
10-14-2010, 10:30 PM
yeah, but it still is much easier to do so the point is valid, but menial as it is a product video you guys, it is always going to make it look better, but for hard ground the weasel is poor and will break with too much pressure as it is pot metal, where as the stitcher is actual steel etc, that pretty much sums it up for me and too many sore shoulders pushing down in a weasel to get it in hard surfaces. i would rather use my leg.............

mark123
10-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Where is the Grass Stitcher manufactured?

tobylou8
10-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Just for the record, I am NOT defending the weasel. I was given one as a joke many years ago and it is still in the same place I put it when we all stopped laughing. I was not attacking the sponsor, just voicing my opinion based on the supplied vids and actually demoing one at a major seed supplier. If it's your weapon of choice, that's fine. I sent the sponsor a pm to further address the issue rather than have it get ugly which wasn't my intent. As far as attacking sponsors goes, 10 years ago I bought a very expensive attachment for one of my mowers. It was endorsed heavily by the mower manufacturer so I bought it (both still sponsor this forum). After 10 month's and dozen's of calls to both parties to remedy numerous defects (that couldn't be fixed), BOTH eventually agreed that the product was defective from an engineering standpoint (not just the one I had, but the whole line!). The mower company actually told me they new it didn't work in the real world, only the lab!!! :angry::angry::angry: My money for the attachment was returned AND the mower company replaced a major component that had become damaged from using the attachment they sponsored free of charge. If we the members are not free to voice an honest opinion, then what is the point of this forum? Do you really think that every product a sponsor sells is perfect?

GrassStitcher
10-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Look, I have been in trenches (for over 30 years, see my bio if you wish - http://www.grassstitcher.com/blog/about/) just like you guys and had to endure the weasel for lack of a better choice. I have spent 4 years of blood, sweat, tears and a lot of money to come up with a better tool. I would not release until I was happy with it, so you can imagine the connection I have to this, it’s my baby. I truly believe in the product as I have tested it beyond what you can imagine but I could understand the apprehension from someone just telling you it works better. I can understand a concern or an opinion especially when you have not taken it out for a real test drive, its different and it deserves a chance. What I have a problem with is someone deliberately seeking out all my posts and condemning it based on a visual or supposed use, unless you own one and really used it ( and I mean for a half a day at least) you can’t make an intelligent comment, in my opinion. And as far as laughing at it without real use I would agree that is disrespectful and plain immature. While the cost is 3 times the weasel, not a lot I could do about that as the components are expensive I did my best to bring the cost down. We are coming out with a homeowner version ($59.00) it’s not what I would buy as a professional but I have addressed the price issue and you guys can make the choice. For those that won’t spend over $30, what can I say?? Can’t be everything to everyone.

That said, I want to extend an olive leaf to tobylou and ask that he and any other Lawnsite members take the Grass Stitcher out for a real test drive.

I’m offering the deepest discount I have ever offered on the Grass Stitcher (20% off) for one week only 10/15 to 10/22. If in fact you don’t think its everything I’m telling you or the other members that have purchased them, then return it for only the cost of shipping, no questions asked. Use coupon code lawnsite1022.

I would like to move on and use this forum for honest evaluations, opinions and advise.

Thanks for reading.

GrassStitcher
10-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Where is the Grass Stitcher manufactured?

The Grass Stitcher is made in Lebanon, Ct.

tobylou8
10-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Olive leaf accepted.*trucewhiteflag*

br549oicu8
10-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Excellent post, Grass Stitcher. If you have a show special equal to your offer you listed above, you may just bend my arm!! LOL!!

tobylou8
10-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Just for the record, I am NOT defending the weasel. I was given one as a joke many years ago and it is still in the same place I put it when we all stopped laughing. I was not attacking the sponsor, just voicing my opinion based on the supplied vids and actually demoing one at a major seed supplier. If it's your weapon of choice, that's fine. I sent the sponsor a pm to further address the issue rather than have it get ugly which wasn't my intent. As far as attacking sponsors goes, 10 years ago I bought a very expensive attachment for one of my mowers. It was endorsed heavily by the mower manufacturer so I bought it (both still sponsor this forum). After 10 month's and dozen's of calls to both parties to remedy numerous defects (that couldn't be fixed), BOTH eventually agreed that the product was defective from an engineering standpoint (not just the one I had, but the whole line!). The mower company actually told me they new it didn't work in the real world, only the lab!!! :angry::angry::angry: My money for the attachment was returned AND the mower company replaced a major component that had become damaged from using the attachment they sponsored free of charge. If we the members are not free to voice an honest opinion, then what is the point of this forum? Do you really think that every product a sponsor sells is perfect?

I have to correct myself (I was wrong:rolleyes:). Only the mower maker is still in business. Fortunately for us, the other guy is not!

Harley-D
10-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Well...i didn't want to interject here but after seeing the demo video on your homepage, i thought i would throw in my two cents.

Sounds very, very gimmicky. You know the info-mercials on at 2am? That's where i would expect to see this because of the way the video is set up and the way the announcer sounds. If it came across more practical and "matter as fact" than i would have no problem taking it more seriously.

The cost savings comparison chart is extremely vague at best. I could lay 1000 sq ft of sod myself in about an hour and a half. (does take more prep work, i'll give you that)

The product looks legit and i would say that the footpad is the kicker here. It makes it 100 times better than the backbreaking weazle. The bad part again is the price. I just don't think the price point is right. imho. Same reason small LCO's buy small cheap spreaders once a year and throw them.

GrassStitcher
10-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Ok for those who want a less expensive version ($59.00) here ya go - http://www.grassstitcher.com/New-Grass-Stitcher.html

I'll be displaying this at the GIE new product arena, its intended for the homeowner as the features are less, its made of steel (not aluminum) and does not expand to a double wide. Also we are planning on coming out with additional attachments to the current model which will be named The Grass Stitcher Pro. Attachments such as a mulch fluffer, bed edger, nursery spade and more. The ergo handle will make these tasks much easier.

The bad news is, not exactly sure when the release will be, maybe the summer of 2011.

But be sure to stop at our booth #8030 we will have great deals for the current model, 20% off, lowest price ever.

GrassStitcher
10-15-2010, 03:21 PM
BTW - if you buy six or more you can get wholesale pricing on the single Grass Stitcher Pro, $60.00 each.

GrassStitcher
10-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Excellent post, Grass Stitcher. If you have a show special equal to your offer you listed above, you may just bend my arm!! LOL!!

You bet, stop by, looking forward to meeting you!!

Barefoot James
10-19-2010, 11:09 PM
We have a single wide and a double wide - the best thing is we can step on them and put lots of pressure down to fracture the soil. We have stiched some reather large areas rather than get out the Turf Revitilizer or even the Honda Tiller/aerator. We ALWAYS carry one on the truck to fix bad spots. Easy to use and works as promised. Great video!

grassman177
10-20-2010, 01:24 AM
I really think it will be, and glad to see you will be meeting my dad at the GIE there stitcher man

Victor
10-24-2010, 01:27 AM
That looks like a great tool to keep on the truck. I'm gonna have to head down to my local JDL this winter and get one. If it works half as well as advertised, it would be worth it's weight in gold to me! Thanks for the feedback Daryl and James.