PDA

View Full Version : Foreclosure Cutting

cubedmack
08-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Has anyone ever dealt with cutting lawns for bank own foreclosed homes?

ajslands
08-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Yup......... The nice thing is; no complaints! And they pay good!
Posted via Mobile Device

bc3xx0
08-13-2010, 12:19 AM
I've never heard of such a thing!!! You would think there would be a billion threads on here about that if it were real. I think it's just a myth.

Firefighter337
08-13-2010, 02:55 AM
I have a few people I talk with around here and they do foreclosures all the time and wonder why I don't do it. I would, if I had the time.

weve
08-14-2010, 05:00 AM
I am mowing one forclosed property this year. It is for another LCO who lives 75 miles away and mows many properties that have failed government loans.

lawn_master-dave
08-14-2010, 09:32 AM
I am mowing foreclosed homes now. I must say i like it i do between 40 and 60 homes a week. The pay is not too bad not what id normally charge but it works out in the end.

Mowingman
08-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Around here they pay very low prices for that type of work. The banks, or whoever is looking after the property,only want to pay about $20.00/lawn, no matter how big it is. And, they only want about 1 cut/month. So, if you want to mow overgrown, nasty lawns for $20.00/cut, go for it. This type of work was never something that i was interested in.

old oak lawn
08-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Around here it's $25.00 per cut no mater how large lawn is-cut every 2 weeks. And they want before and after pic's sent to them. They name there own price,they can cut their own grass.

Will P.C.
08-15-2010, 12:12 AM
The specific area I am in does not have a very big market for foreclosures. My focus is on communities ranging from 250k-1+million. These places usually have a full time Landscaping crew that takes care of the community property 4 days a week since they are so large and have tons of grass, sidewalks to edge, landscape, pool, clubhouse, lake pavillion, etc. They take care of the foreclosed homes in that neighborhood.

They will also cut a homeowners grass if that person has received a notice about cutting their grass and have done nothing about it and leave the bill in your mailbox.

PLS-Tx
08-15-2010, 12:23 AM
We have done a couple, bit of hassle, 10 before and 10 after pics. My wife emails the pics in along with the invoice.

We did one last winter, that wasn't bad, I just care to do them in the summer.

ChevHayes
08-15-2010, 01:45 AM
I did it 5 or 6 years ago and the pay was pretty good. They would pay 25$ for the small small lawns and it would be every 2 weeks. On the larger overgrown jobs, it would start at around 75-100 and we could usually get them done in less than 2 hrs. We also had to take pics before and after. They paid on time and alot of them would be mow n go with no trimming and never caught grass or edged. Some weeks i would easily net well over 400$ a day and the work was available 7 days a week. But again this was 5-6 years ago before everybody and thier brother and cousin and neighbor was doing it.

cubedmack
08-15-2010, 01:43 PM
I was given 32 house's to cut weekly at $30 a house. They want the before and after photo's, trimming of grass, no grass left on the lawn, edging and bushes trimmed. Not all of the homes are single family homes. There are atleast 10 homes that are Townhomes with very little lawns.

the.hines
08-17-2010, 10:23 PM
How would someone go about getting these homes to mow? There is a few houses from me that gets mowed every week and the guys told me they pay $75 a mow. Just wouldn't tell me how to get on the list....? I don't blame him too much.
I am a smaller business than he is but I sure would like to get on that gravy train.

David C.
08-18-2010, 08:07 AM
I cut a foreclosed home last year next door to a regular customer----the banker was out surveying the home while I was next door---he came over and asked me if I would take care of the lawn

He exchanged names, addresses, ---the bank was in Atlanta, GA--the house was in Talladega Co, Alabama----never had problem with payment

Anyhows----the house finally sold and next thing I know I read in the paper where the bank that handled the foreclosure went belly up!!!

thom
08-18-2010, 11:30 AM
I did it 5 or 6 years ago and the pay was pretty good. They would pay 25$ for the small small lawns and it would be every 2 weeks. On the larger overgrown jobs, it would start at around 75-100 and we could usually get them done in less than 2 hrs. We also had to take pics before and after. They paid on time and alot of them would be mow n go with no trimming and never caught grass or edged. Some weeks i would easily net well over 400$ a day and the work was available 7 days a week. But again this was 5-6 years ago before everybody and thier brother and cousin and neighbor was doing it.

how did you promote yourself for this market?

ajslands
08-18-2010, 11:49 AM
how did you promote yourself for this market?

Go to a real estate agent that manages forclosed homes, give 'em you card, and if they need you, they'll call you!
Posted via Mobile Device

the.hines
08-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Go to a real estate agent that manages forclosed homes, give 'em you card, and if they need you, they'll call you!
Posted via Mobile Device

Alright on that how do you find out who handles foreclosures or not? The reason I ask do I got to Real estate brokers or do I go to a Bank?

cubedmack
08-19-2010, 09:54 AM
]Alright on that how do you find out who handles foreclosures or not? The reason I ask do I got to Real estate brokers or do I go to a Bank?[/QUOTE]

You have to try both. Here's a link to national property preservation companies that sub out their work. Do not register with Safe Guard. They will not pay you. You will need to have liability insurance before any of these companies give you work. I deal with fivebrothers, cyprexx and LAMCO. They keep me busy with work. You can register with them also. Cyprexx wants you to have workers comp insurance but they will let you slide.

companies.http://www.dmoz.org/Business/Financial_Services/Field_Service_Companies/

thom
08-19-2010, 12:48 PM
]Alright on that how do you find out who handles foreclosures or not? The reason I ask do I got to Real estate brokers or do I go to a Bank?

You have to try both. Here's a link to national property preservation companies that sub out their work. Do not register with Safe Guard. They will not pay you. You will need to have liability insurance before any of these companies give you work. I deal with fivebrothers, cyprexx and LAMCO. They keep me busy with work. You can register with them also. Cyprexx wants you to have workers comp insurance but they will let you slide.

companies.http://www.dmoz.org/Business/Financial_Services/Field_Service_Companies/[/QUOTE]

did you do work for safeguard?why didnt they pay you?issues?

cubedmack
08-19-2010, 01:27 PM
No, I haven't worked for them but I have to friends that have done work for them in the past and was cheated out of money. One did $4000 worth of work for them and was never paid and the other one billed them $1800 and was only paid $125. If you go to cubicyard.com, you will see many other people complaining about Safe Guard.

thom
08-19-2010, 04:38 PM
No, I haven't worked for them but I have to friends that have done work for them in the past and was cheated out of money. One did $4000 worth of work for them and was never paid and the other one billed them $1800 and was only paid $125. If you go to cubicyard.com, you will see many other people complaining about Safe Guard.

I could not find cubicyard.com.However,I did find cubicyard.us.is that the one you are refering to?

cubedmack
08-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Yes, cubicyard.us is the site.

tinman
08-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Generally not great from what I hear. I did a few once years ago.. Big Mess. NOt worth it. Banks know they can pick from hundreds of guys with a truck and mower so they can pay low rates.