PDA

View Full Version : Too funny...

Joatmon
08-03-2002, 12:56 AM
If you have the time (won't take but a second) go to this link and search "new lawn". One ad will come up...I didn't want to cut & paste...would look like I made it up.

http://www.thriftynickelads.com/dsp_paper_home.cfm?paperid=66

Buy, try, fry, sell all in one week :-)

SLS
08-03-2002, 02:46 AM
:D Too funny! :D

He must have been getting calls from some of the same weirdos that I have this week. :laugh:

crawdad
08-03-2002, 08:26 AM
I wonder what relative he borrowed the money from for his business venture. I reckon he found out it aint the easy money generator he thought it was.:nono:
crawdad

awm
08-03-2002, 09:54 AM
his zero turned out to be a zero . i guess.
pity the poor fella who gets it.

Bob Minney
08-03-2002, 10:42 AM
He's writting a book how to make $30,000 mowing lawns.

Start with $60,000

Brickman
08-03-2002, 05:53 PM
What a joke!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor clown, for him to quit in a week he has NO ability to stick to any thing. And if he is taking a $800 loss he obviously bought **** equipment.

Darryl G
08-03-2002, 06:33 PM
Yeah, really funny. NOT. Grow up guys. It's not very professioal to rejoice over someones misfortune, especially someone in the same business as you. We have no idea what the circumstances are. Next time you break a piece of equipment, throw a rock through window, or get hurt, remind me to laugh.

Joatmon
08-03-2002, 07:18 PM
I DO find it funny! Sure something catastrophic could have happened...but most probably he is an idiot! Lets see, buy new equipment in late July, sell week later! This happens every year at this time, the folks that were burning up the classifieds with cheap lawn care in March are now selling what they rarely/barely used in August, for example the next ad down is this:

GRASSHOPPER ZTR MOWER 25 hp, 52" cut, collection system, mulching kit, 19 hours; Shindaiwa Weed eater/edger, blower. All new, $6,900.

Sorry, but I see it as someone who thought he was as hard a worker as the next guy & found out he's just a candya$$.

jmo

olfrt
08-03-2002, 08:17 PM
For $800.00 it's a murray rider, poulan trimmer and blower their great commerical machines. LOL

They must be I saw a guy with 2 murray lt's his trailer this week.

Lets see their cheap

uh their cheap and o yea

their cheap

Darryl G
08-03-2002, 10:31 PM
Oh, and it's fun to laugh at idiots too, huh? Well, here's laughing at you!

Brickman
08-04-2002, 03:45 AM
And we are laughing at you. I think you need a beer, it would help you mellow out.

:drinkup: :drinkup:

SLS
08-04-2002, 03:56 AM
Really, Daryll, why assume that there is some "misfortune" involved on the sellers part? All he said in his ad is that he's got some stuff for sale...one week old...and "I QUIT!"

It's not like he said "selling due to divorce", "selling due to death in the family"...or anything.

:D

Joatmon sez:

"Sorry, but I see it as someone who thought he was as hard a worker as the next guy & found out he's just a candya$$."

Now I AM laughing out loud! :laugh:

goodbeus
08-04-2002, 03:40 PM
not only does he need to mellow out, but drop the negative attitude...that guy may have gotten a better job offer...

Darryl G
08-04-2002, 10:40 PM
I'm about as mellow as they come. What bothers me is how someone could think it is FUNNY that someone has to sell their equipment for an $800 loss (I call that misfortune) and then jump to all sorts of conclusions of why, without knowing any of the facts. Really, please explain what is so funny. Maybe I just have a lousy sense of humor, but it sure doesn't make me laugh. It seems like many of you guys just enjoying putting people down. I've seem too many posts on this board poking fun at people's flyers, set-ups etc., along with throwing the scrub word around at every opportunity. Is this what you have to do in order to feel good about yourself? I think it's juvenile and unprofessional. Maybe it's because there are so many unprofessional juveniles on this board.

Let's say you see me driving down the road with a White Outdoor 21 inch mower handle sticking out the back of my Taurus station wagon, which I sometimes do. There goes a scrub! Wrong! There goes a professional with the most efficient rig for the job. You just don't have enough information to make a judgement.