PDA

View Full Version : blower controls

vipermanz
08-03-2002, 01:55 AM
need help making a selection ,

rkbrown
08-03-2002, 01:59 AM
I have an Echo PB602. I prefer the left mounted control.

vipermanz
08-03-2002, 02:03 AM
thats what i'm looking at , either the 602 or the 603, same specs just different controls

Robert Doubrava
08-03-2002, 02:08 AM
Very nice models. Saw some at the shop today while looking for a trimmer and picking up some engine parts.:blob3:

KirbysLawn
08-03-2002, 02:15 AM
I used teh BR400 and thought I would never like the control on my left side. When I got the Shindiawa I really liked it and now all I have are on the left. I have RedMAx also but I don't like the stiff arm, the flexable tube is better.

JimLewis
08-03-2002, 02:46 AM
Ditto what Kirbyslawn said. I didn't think I'd like them as much and now that's all I buy. My workers were resistent as heck when I first made the switch. But now they love them too. The one Blower we have with a throttle on the right side never gets used.

It's hard to explain but they are just more ergonomic and comfortable. It's more balanced. Hard to explain until you've used both for a while. But onews with the left handed throttle control are definitely a lot nicer.

65hoss
08-03-2002, 07:25 AM
I agree with Jim and Ray. I was a little worried about switching to left side controls. Now, I don't like the right hand throttle on the tube anymore.

AGG Lawn Maintenance
08-03-2002, 09:29 AM
Well coming from one of the few leftys in the world I love it on my side. Travis:D

ilovethisgame
08-03-2002, 05:56 PM
one more vote for the hip mount. I like to keep both sides of the brain busy. ;)

-Dave

Scag48
08-03-2002, 06:01 PM
I'm here for the upset! LOL. I like right side mounted, although I've never used the hip, I could PROBABLY get used to it...

vipermanz
08-03-2002, 08:04 PM
whew, i'm getting confused here:dizzy: :dizzy: , i understand the balance that jimlewis said, but the left side adds like 3lbs of weight to it

bubble boy
08-03-2002, 09:58 PM
as the user, i prefer the tube mount

but as the purchaser, will all be left side from now on...cables on tube mount come loose/break too easily.

throttle on left side seems to be more durable, in my experience.

Soupy
08-04-2002, 12:52 AM
I Like the tube mount because I never put the blower fully on. I always just throw it over my right shoulder and go.

Soupy

geogunn
08-04-2002, 02:06 AM
how could anything be better than the tube mounted throttle/on off switch like the br-400 has?

most of the time I only use the short tube that the contols are mounted on, and I might carry the extensions in my left hand.

before I bought the br-400, I tested the shindawa, I think. it had the throttle located at waist level. hated it.

GEO

gravedigger5
08-04-2002, 06:17 AM
and I might carry the extensions in my left hand. I agree with Geogunn, keeps the left hand free. I have the Sthil BR340 and the main reason for the purchase was the weight difference. I Like the tube mount because I never put the blower fully on. I always just throw it over my right shoulder and go. Not as confortable as all the way on but I do this too when in a hurry and not much to blow, or when taking on and off using it to clean off the mowers and trailer. JMO Marc:D

Are We Having Fun Yet???:confused:

KLMlawn
08-04-2002, 12:35 PM
Of all the different blowers I have used over the years, I honestly think that the Shindiawa BP 630 is the best as far as power to weight ratio and it has the left side mount flexible neck control.

Just my honest opinion .....

dlandscaping
08-04-2002, 06:54 PM
I had a redmax eb4300 that i used a neighbor loaned it to me for a yr to try out a bp in return i helped him with a large fall cleanup. I now own two br420's. I tried echo and stihl side by side. I liked the tube mount throttle since i could carry extentions in left hand or pick up large sticks etc in my free hand. The stihl is less weight than the echo at the time they were the same power. Also the gas tank was easier to fill in my opinion. the echo is in between the engine and straps. I want a larger blower for fall use probably gonna order a eb7001 or pb650 since no dealers carry either anymore around here. The stihls are popular and good for light jobs but i would like more power for leaves. I would go with hip mount if necessary on a bigger blower. Also i have had warranty work done on the stihls free of charge by the rep at an open house. The company has been good to me.

LAWNGODFATHER
08-04-2002, 07:08 PM
It doesn't matter to me.

Biggest real diff is the controls being messed up by being on the tube.

Back in the old days we used to use 2 BP blowers at a time, one on your back and one on your front, for leaf removals. This is the only time I see any advantage of where the controls are located.

Other than that it is your choice.

BTW Hip mounted Red Max EB7000.

Echo's hip mount design; after some time the blower wont shut off becuse the kill switch is when you move the throttle to the lowest setting. You would then have to wiggle it or squeeze the housing to get blower to shut off.

Also the tube controls are prone to wear out or be broken much faster than hip mounted.

Make sure you get one with cruse control, you will hate it without it.

jkelton
08-05-2002, 09:24 AM
FYI - I believe the new Redmax EB7001 can either be ordered as a left hand throttle control (like the EB7000), or the tube mounted control (called EB7001RH). I've got the tube mounted control on mine.