PDA

View Full Version : Lesco 36" Mower for $600 at Home Cheapo.

KirbysLawn
08-03-2002, 01:12 AM
Our local Matthews Home Cheapo has had a 36" Lesco mower for sale for a few months, new with warranty. Last month I noticed it was on clearance for $1400, I made an offer for $1000 cash to take it and was told nope.

I was talking to one of my fertilizing customers Thursday and told him about it (saw it that day) and he hit the road to buy it. When he arrived he could not find it and asked, the guy helping him could not find it so he asked the manager.

It was sold that morning for $600. *%@*&#$:cry:

Barkleymut
08-03-2002, 08:50 AM
It would have been a steal at a grand. I wish I could have gotten mine for that little!

eslawns
08-03-2002, 02:05 PM
We used to have a smaller company around here called HQ. For a couple of months they tried selling 48" Yazoo WB mowers for $2499. I talked to the manager when they first took off 10% (which was still not enough) and offered $2000 cash. He actually laughed. When it sat there long enough to become apparent no noncommercial buyers were interested, they ended up selling them for around $1200. Another cutter here got all of them. My dealer says he can't get them from YK for $2000. I just wonder what made it seem like a good idea to stock them. No homeowner I've ever met would want a mower that size unless they had a huge lawn, and they'll want to mow that sitting on their duff.