PDA

View Full Version : Snapper won't run at full power

snap12.5
08-12-2010, 10:53 PM
So I got back my wb mower from the dealer to get serviced and it came back with a new problem. It won't power up all the way! It seems that whatever they did, my mower mows at like half power now even when I have the idle arm at max. Also, the mower seems to stay at this half power regardless of whether the idle arm is at minimum or max (turtle or rabbit).

What do I have to do to get this back to normal. The dealer is clueless.

Thanks

ajslands
08-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Did you check the governor spring?
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenGiant94
09-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Mine did somewhat of the same thing when I got mine back from being serviced. Although on mine there was a small difference between the fast idle and the slow idle but the difference got smaller the more I used it. The throttle cable had slipped from where the screw fastened it down by the engine. The more I used the throttle the more it slipped. I'm not sure if the dealer adjusted it and they didn't't tighten the screw good enough or what.

A-1 LAWN
09-17-2010, 07:40 AM
check the air cleaner,might have installedit wrong,if they were in a hurry.waht did they do to it??

Restrorob
09-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Dude,

I hate to say it, But..... If your dealer is clueless you better find another dealer !!! ;)

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=144040

GravyTrain
09-20-2010, 10:28 AM
check the belts. I've had it happen to my twice, by two different repair shops. The belt gets put back together correctly on the deck, but where it connects to the motor, it's off the track. I'd check that before doing much more of anything.