PDA

View Full Version : 1910 Ford

65hoss
08-03-2002, 08:17 AM
I got a call the other day from a guy with 4 acres and his "tractor" was broke down. Could I come out to the country and mow if for him? I get there and he has let the grass get very high. It doesn't look like 4 acres of lawn, its now 4 acres of pasture. Oh, his "tractor" was a MTD garden tractor with 42" deck.

Nobody was home when I showed up. His neighbor walked over to look at my Lazer on the trailer. He proceeded to tell me he cuts his lawn with a tractor and finishing mower. As I got more info from him, it finally is revealed what type of tractor. Its a 1910 Ford tractor restored and he uses it for cutting his grass. Now that is cool.

It got me to thinking. Once I finish the old JD, I wonder if I could sell nostaglia to the old guys around that need bushhogging work done. You know the type..."my daddy had one just like that. I drove many an hour in the field on one just like that. I love that sound." Just a thought.

stslawncare
08-03-2002, 11:15 AM
sounds like a great plan to me, also offer it to construction companys who have job sites that are overgrown