PDA

View Full Version : what trimmer do you perfer

kodak mowing
08-13-2010, 07:38 AM
ok my echo are killing me,and im gonna get another what do you think under $300 is the best weed trimmer on the market.Kawasaki,stihl,redmax, husqvarna, or ?.thanks,dont even tell me echo, the local echo,kawasaki,and gravely dealer told me yesterday they are just junk and to stay away from echo's.

Chevy z71
08-13-2010, 04:10 PM
kawasaki ktf27a i got mine for 305$ with tax and its light wight and has lots of power and allways starts on the frist pull. it was a great buy for me

knox gsl
08-13-2010, 05:13 PM
I like the Stihls and Kawis but I do think the kawi will be the better buy if you don't have a brand prefference. I'm OCD about brands so I only use Stihl even though there are better brands out there, I think Stihl is the best overall.

kodak mowing
08-13-2010, 05:24 PM
hey thinks for the replys i used to work for an excavation co were all winter we cut down old pine trees to pill up and burn on mountain sides around here to build cabins in the spring,we always used stihl chainsaw 40 to 50 hours aweek all winter long with no problems.so stihl are diff good equipment,i heard kawasaki weedeaters are really tough too.so im still on the fence.

knox gsl
08-13-2010, 06:34 PM
It would come down to the dealer on that. If all I needed was backpacks, hedge clippers and trimmers I would run Kawis.

terrapro
08-13-2010, 07:14 PM
The last trimmers I bought were redmax. I purchased two 230 trimmers for $250 per and a stick edger(250 I think?) for $450 ended up getting one of the trimmers free because of some promotion. Anyway I love these trimmers. Light as heck and have been going strong for 2-3 years with no problems and cut through anything I need to.

shooterm
08-13-2010, 09:40 PM
I like the Stihls and Kawis but I do think the kawi will be the better buy if you don't have a brand prefference. I'm OCD about brands so I only use Stihl even though there are better brands out there, I think Stihl is the best overall.

Hehe I understand the OCD thing I have a wall of stihl. It started with just friendly dealer I knew from my other job and now its one brand or nothing.

genesis215
08-13-2010, 10:02 PM
I have a Kawasaki, and it's awesome. Very light, very powerful. I would definitely recommend it. The KTF27A is about $279, sometimes as low as $250. Also the Stihl FS 70RC-E is a good choice. Only $279, 27.2cc, 10.6lbs.