PDA

View Full Version : over grown palms

A.J.'s Lawn Service
08-03-2002, 03:04 PM
I mow this one ladys lawn and every week i have to pick up palms and it is anoying. The tree is about 14 ft tall how much would you charge. And would you give a discount for he more trees that she has.:dizzy:

agrostis palustris
08-03-2002, 03:27 PM
$10 per palm, including clean-up :D

Fantasy Lawns
08-03-2002, 03:44 PM
What type of Palm ..... I suspect Washingtonian or Cabbage … understand in FL you MUST have a separate “Tree Trimming” clause in your insurance to be covered ….trimming Palms is more than hacking away at fronds ….. “Hurricane Cut” is what everyone wants yet is not best for the palm a “9-3” cut is best

First of Single Trim $25-30 debris at roadway …after single trim than Spring –Fall $15-20 … the more the better n yes discount with multiple but that first trim has to be extra especially if the palm has a “beard” ... debri to dump is $$65-50 extra depending on load size n distance to dump

http://www.sfrc.ufl.edu/Extension/ffws/tof.htm

gvandora
08-03-2002, 03:46 PM
I believe he's simply referring to picking up any downed palm leaves not pruning or trimming the tree.

Fantasy Lawns
08-03-2002, 04:04 PM
That makes sense ... fore us this issue is like picking up small branchs which one can not mow over ...n after time becomes annoying ... one of those things we learn to bid slightly more n point out to the customer when bidding

We don't charge extra for this type of work (unless it's storm damage depri) .... as "normal" litter n depri pickup was figured into the original bid .... we do leave a gray area in our contract which states "extra cost for excessive litter or depri collection" ... an area which must be talked with the customer when it becomes an issue

In your case until you can redo the monthly price to reflect this extra time ... you need to talk to the customer to see if they'll do it before your service day or talk of charging em for it .... how much is kinda reflective on the amount of time n debri .... but $5-10 per event does not seem out of control

But understand unless that palm is trimmed yearly .... there will always be down fronds ... they shed a few brown ones almost every 10-14 days in the summer

A.J.'s Lawn Service
08-03-2002, 09:48 PM
no i was talking about trimming

Rhett
08-03-2002, 11:36 PM
I try to make least 22.50 a palm. Do not like doing the job as they seem to wait till they are baring fruit, and can expect to be greeted by at least one or two swarms of bees or wasps. In this neck of the woods if they can afford palms they can pay to take care of them.