PDA

View Full Version : Ground Cover Options

CT18fireman
08-14-2010, 10:22 PM
I need a ground cover for an hillside. Its about 25ft sloped up and about 60ft long. Its about a 40 degree slope, full sun but not extremly dry. Looking for something other then Pachysandra which is everywhere here. Customer would love something that with some color or flowers. This is in the back corner of a yard, customer does not want to get to complicated with landscaping it now but finds it difficult to mow nicely. Just wants something better when looking beyond their nice lawn and gardens.

Located in Southern New England as to hardiness.

mowandblow1980
08-17-2010, 07:45 PM
maybe you could check out Bath's Pink ( Dianthus gratianopolitanus) or Moss Phlox(Phlox sublata) First has pink flowers second you can get in white, pink, or lavender. Never used them myself was actually looking for something different for groundcover myself. Just a thought.

silverado212
08-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Phlox is a good choice for color. Also try some Juniperus squamata "Blue Carpet Juniper 12-18 in tall and 5-6 ft wide. Good for winter interest. Best to check with a local nursery though.

CT18fireman
08-18-2010, 12:08 AM
We have some blue carper and also some bar harbor that grays in the winter in another area. Lots of hills at this lot. They are looking for a leafy cover over a needle one for the area. I like the phlox and also saw sedum as an option.
Posted via Mobile Device