PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever...

FLAhaulboy
08-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Received a phone call from a client's neighbor complaining about a employee, they think their talking to the company "boss" on the phone, whereas when they earlier chewed on your ass (15 minutes ago in person) bout a chainsaw noise complaint, just thought you were only an "employee" but in reality, they were talking to the owner and didn't know it?

Had this happen Sat morning, was cutting pine trees down at a job site at "8:30 AM", At 9, a neighbor next door comes out literally screaming n cussing me because I was operating a 066 chainsaw! I profusely apologized for the noise but was using the saw in the HOA time-frame allowed to use noisy equipment. He was out of his mind pissed off, I thought he was going to hit me after running up on me yelling threats...I guess the pine sap all over me deterred him :laugh:

So, I tell the guy I'll load limbs and logs for awhile and not run saw. 15 minutes later, I get a phone call from this same person thinking he is talking to the "boss-owner" & he starts in with the noise complaint,

So, I play along and pretend he is talking to "someone else" at the company, I ask where he lives, tell him I'll fire the guy-I'm fed up with that sorry disrespectful "employee" (me) of mine, etc etc!

The guy backs off when I mention firing him, saying he had already talked to the employee (me) about it & said he'd stop using the saw for awhile, was sorry, etc

These are Condos that have easement in the middle of homes to get to back yard areas. You have to drive across a neighbors driveway to get through the easement. I pull out to haul away a load and this idiot who complained, Had me BLOCKED in with his car!

Now I'm teed off. I go to the client who hired me, to call the guy to get him to move his car, he eventually does & good for him cause I'm about to call the cops and have him arrested for threatening me earlier :nono:

Come to find out the guy was out partying into the a.m. Sounds like I wasted an apology!

So, has anyone here ever played the boss when you are the boss, to diffuse a complaint situation?

A friend told me I ought to of told the guy, hey be careful around "that employee", he has anger issues, is a convicted murderer just released from prison, stay far away from that guy! lol :clapping:

clean_cut
08-15-2010, 11:38 AM
A friend told me I ought to of told the guy, hey be careful around "that employee", he has anger issues, is a convicted murderer just released from prison, stay far away from that guy! lol :clapping:

hahahahaha! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for the story, but no, I've never been in that situation :laugh:

hornett22
08-19-2010, 11:50 AM
The noise generated from a real saw really would have pissed him off.:laugh:

Texas Lawn
08-19-2010, 03:39 PM
i woulda cut down that guys mailbox

Hawkshot99
08-19-2010, 09:52 PM
For my mowing job no. All my customers know me, and most of their neighbors do as well.

At my full time job I get it all the time. I was made the manager of a big resort ski shop at the age of 22. My first year half my staff was over the age of 40. The customers would always go to one of the other guys trying to get deals and be shocked when they were turned over to me.

bradseabridge
08-19-2010, 10:46 PM
As soon as he started yelling I would have turned the saw back on and started revving everytime he tried to get a word out. I'm a nice guy until someone disrespects me that I don't even know. Then I become the biggest ******* you have ever met.

shooterm
08-20-2010, 07:29 AM
When I was working for range control at Camp Pendelton a lady called one day pissed off about one of her horses died right on the outside of the base. Her "resort" bordered the camps outskirts and she claimed we shot arty near her horse and killed it with percussion. I scheduled all the ranges and had records for the last week, no arty within miles' of her horse certainly no impact area for 15miles of the spot.

Now the best part of the story was our gunny was the first step in PR for Range Control. Next was a Warrant Officer then a Colonel. Some reason we skipped Warrant Officer went straight to Colonel. Colonel was talking to her for about 2mins and he realized it was a lost cause so he forwarded her to me the Lance Corporal at the time. I ended up receiving all calls from her all day and she for some reason was talking down to the Colonel like I the Lance Corporal was about to hand out divine retribution on this office staff. Crazy side story is I found out a part of my family owned this resort or one near this location when going through the family tree.

Jpocket
08-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Yep, I've had it happen many times.