View Full Version : RockVac

captdevo
08-03-2002, 11:11 PM
anyone ever use one of these?

from $12,495 - $24,995.....ouch

http://www.rockvac.com/

Evan528
08-04-2002, 12:16 AM
I demoed one at the KY expo! Pretty dam impressive but I cant amagine the average company being able to justify such an expensive dedicated machine.

dougaustreim
08-04-2002, 11:33 AM
Our local rental store had one for awhile. He ended up sending it back as it doesn't save that much time at all. We rented it once for a job. Machine holds one wheelbarrow full, and then you still need a bobcat to load into truck or manpower to load. The suction hose gets to be pretty heavy after awhile. If there is much dirt in the rock, the air filters plug up pretty fast and have to be cleaned out real often. I think using the machine makes it appear to be easier than conventional methods, but in reality, it takes just as long and just as much work. It is pretty hard to justify the cost ( either rental or purchase) unless there are some real savings in labor)

Doug Austreim

LAWNGODFATHER
08-04-2002, 07:29 PM
This sucker was originaly desinged for roofers.

It sucks the rock or gravel off of a gravel or rock roof building and loads it in the back of a truck.

Since heavy equipment is not likely to be used on the roof of a building they hade to be able to remove such items easier from the roof to redo them.