PDA

View Full Version : Need to spray

Chugbug
08-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Question about the best weed spray to use? Opinions? I was using the Bayer Crabgrass but they changed chemicals sometime this year and now it won't kill anything crabgrass coming up all over, shame it was such a good product. I need to spray 1 - 2 acreas, I have a 50 gal. PTO sprayer. I was told 2-4-D was the best out there but I got looking a ratio's and it was all greek to me. The yard is recovering from a dry summer, recent rains is greening it back up again but crabgrass is everywhere, out of control. I actually sprayed back in early July and it didn't do anything so I would like to spray as soon as possible but don't want to do any more damage to the yard. Any thoughts or suggestion? Thanks

sweetjetskier
08-15-2010, 09:30 PM
what did you use from bayer for crabgrass?

sweetjetskier
08-15-2010, 09:32 PM
2-4-d has nothing to do with crabgrass control :confused:

Chugbug
08-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Bayer all in one - Lawn weed and Crabgrass killer. 2-4-d is the active ingrediant in all weed killers. Local famer says its the best thing to use

sweetjetskier
08-15-2010, 09:46 PM
dude the majority of herbicides contain 2-4 D, they do nothing for crabgrass.

never have, never will by themselves.

are you lic for pesticide applications?

RigglePLC
08-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Hire a pro--proper equipment, best chemical for the job, experienced people, knowledge of the weeds and products. If its a good job--its worth the money, right?

Chugbug
08-15-2010, 11:44 PM
My property, no lic. required.

Chugbug
08-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Thats the main reason I'm asking. Seemed like an easy fix but using 2-4-d. Lost ground this year, may just wait until the frost kills it off and lay down a preemergent next spring, just wanted to find the best chemical to use on the yard to keep the weeds down.

wrgrounds
08-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Pretty much any product works good as long as it's used properly. Chain store products don't work as well as buying from a supplier though.