PDA

View Full Version : peltor selects $135.00 SHIPPED!

captdevo
08-04-2002, 01:43 AM
PELTOR SELECTS

the real thing, red!

fedex to your door for $135.00

http://www.rpm-co.com/images/select.gif

order now! limited supply!

Click here to order!! (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=32631)

yardboyltd
08-04-2002, 01:48 AM
I would love to buy a pair, but I was in that Grainger mess-up... I got the worktunes. Not great, but they suffice, especially since they were free.

JJOHN22042
08-04-2002, 01:55 AM
Anymore left for FREE..:blob3:

gravedigger5
08-04-2002, 06:29 AM
I've heard people talking about these. Are they relly that good? :confused: Do you get any engine noise? How 'bout the reception? How long do they last? Would like to hear from someone that has had a pair. This would be a big change for me, cause all I listen to now are the voices in my head.:eek:

Are We Having Fun Yet???:sleeping:

captdevo
08-04-2002, 06:31 AM
these are the best!

do a search, you'll see some great reviews.

KirbysLawn
08-04-2002, 11:17 AM
I'll take a pair. Never did get a pair from Grainger...:(

You buy'em all? ;)

Bob Minney
08-04-2002, 11:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gravedigger5
[cause all I listen to now are the voices in my head.:eek:

That why I got mine, somehow you just gotta quiet them. ;)

I just got mine from grainger and after using them I would pay the $135 to replace them.

FM only

has mic to p/u outside noise-voices, engine, etc-can be shut off

uses 2 AA batteries- I use rechargeables

Reception is excellent-I work in the airport area and have always had trouble keeping stations except the most powerful, havent had any trouble with the II's

only thing left to do is get the audio imput cord so I can listen to tapes

mowerconsultant
08-04-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by captdevo
PELTOR SELECTS

the real thing, red!

The real thing ????;)
The real things are Hustler yellow :D :D :D
But I am going to order a pair anyways :D :D :D

Later
Pj

KirbysLawn
08-04-2002, 02:17 PM
Hey PJ:

http://www.krylon.com/paint/ps_color_card.asp

LAWNGODFATHER
08-04-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by gravedigger5
all I listen to now are the voices in my head.:eek:

Not a good sign!!!!

I think they are saying buy me one buy me one.

Green Pastures
08-04-2002, 08:07 PM
Captn Devo,

I hope that you have some of these in stock, I fell for this once over on the other forum and ended up getting the "Worktunes" From Grainger for $94!!!! I can WALK to the local Sears and buy them for $59!

I'm still trying to return them and get my money back!

Scott

Wilburn Parks
08-04-2002, 08:24 PM
Are these the digital ones, with presets? What is the model number of these? thanks for the reply in advance

captdevo
08-04-2002, 08:25 PM
nothing to fall for....that was luck of the draw!

it happened to me too.

like the ad states....selects...red....i have them in stock.

i only have one little ol' location to ship from, so there is no mix ups or confusion.........

i have more left, they are going fast though!

captdevo
08-04-2002, 08:29 PM

click this link, it has all the details.... (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=32631)

captdevo
08-05-2002, 11:01 PM
going, going,.....gone....sold out!!

thanks to those who ordered!!

yardboyltd
08-05-2002, 11:36 PM
Dang, I missed out. I had a deal to sell my worktunes to a friend and then I was going to order a pair. Can I expect to see this deal in the future?

captdevo
08-05-2002, 11:40 PM
i think i have some more coming, should know by friday

Vibe Ray
08-06-2002, 12:23 AM
I think you should continue to do this if possible.....We benefit from getting them for a cheaper price (I assume) and no doubt you make some money at it, too. How much are they going for now anyways? What can we REALISTICALLY get them for from elswhere with a little shopping in case you can't get anymore? (not retail price etc.) I've heard before that they go for $281, but I've also heard much lower numbers as well. So no tax or shipping to add to the $135? Sounds like a great deal...I'm just wondering if they've gone down in price or something.

Darryl G
08-06-2002, 03:05 AM
I ordered mine last night. Hope I made the cut?

Chuck Sinclair
08-06-2002, 03:07 AM
captdevo,

Will you notifie us when our order ships?

captdevo
08-06-2002, 03:11 AM
most will ship tues., fedex, will send tracking #

thanks

Alan Bechard
08-06-2002, 11:59 AM
Obviously I waited to long to take advantage of this.

What is the advantage of the Peltor's over say the $60 ones from Radio Shack?

Will you post again if you get more?

Thanks for the help.

Al B

Cleve
08-06-2002, 04:06 PM
I also read the original posts regards these and ordered a set from Grainger. I ordered them to be picked up at my local Grainger so that I oculd see them before paying. And as some have found out they were the "yellow" worktunes model. The folks at Grainger were about as confused as I was when I pointed out the odd catalog numbers and info. Even their website showed the red Select model but the description was of the cheaper worktunes. I have done business with Grainger for many years and this was the first time they discontinued or changed an item without changing the catalog number. Anyway, the folks at my Grainger called another store in another state and had them physically look in a box to locate the correct Select model along with checking the model number. I picked them up last week and only had to pay around $85 as my former company gets a discount from the catalog price.
These things work perfectly. I use a Walker diesel and most ear protectors just don't silence the sound. These work. Switched off, everything is quite, switched on without the radio and you can hear other people talking and they still quieten the diesel. And now I can finally listen to great sound from the radio while mowing.
Wish I had found these sooner.
Cleve....

mowin at the lake
08-06-2002, 05:14 PM
let me know if you are getting any more in ....
I'll take a set if you have any extra.

Thanks Kane

Esby
08-06-2002, 09:38 PM
Captdevo~
I would also be interested in a pair. Let me know if and when you get some more in.

bestbuyman
08-06-2002, 11:38 PM
I would like to get a pair, if you can get more.

Thanks -tom-

Vibe Ray
08-07-2002, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Vibe Ray
I think you should continue to do this if possible.....We benefit from getting them for a cheaper price (I assume) and no doubt you make some money at it, too. How much are they going for now anyways? What can we REALISTICALLY get them for from elswhere with a little shopping in case you can't get anymore? (not retail price etc.) I've heard before that they go for $281, but I've also heard much lower numbers as well. So no tax or shipping to add to the $135? Sounds like a great deal...I'm just wondering if they've gone down in price or something.

captdevo
08-07-2002, 03:13 AM
peltor selects $135.00 SHIPPED! ........

not sure where they are the cheapest, this is limited supply, shop around.

excel25
08-09-2002, 06:25 PM
Has anybody gotten or heard anything?? Ordered on Sun. and have not heard a word from anybody except pay pal.:confused:

excel25
08-09-2002, 06:37 PM
Just got A e-mail that they were shipped ups:blob1:

KirbysLawn
08-09-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by excel25
Has anybody gotten or heard anything?? Ordered on Sun. and have not heard a word from anybody except pay pal.:confused:

Ditto, no email yet.

Chuck Sinclair
08-09-2002, 08:40 PM
Orderd Sunday e-mailed them on Wednesday and nothing, Great customer service huh?

KirbysLawn
08-12-2002, 07:26 PM
most will ship tues., fedex, will send tracking #

thanks

Still have not heard a word about this, anything?? Has anyone got theirs yet?

mowerconsultant
08-12-2002, 07:31 PM
Nothing here.
I did e-mail Capt Devo, and he told me they were going out UPS Thursday.
I have not seen any tracking # or the UPS man........
:( :( :(

Administrator
08-12-2002, 07:32 PM
I have not heard directly from Dave but I do know he just recently had a new baby so his new addition might be keeping him pretty busy.

Chuck Sinclair
08-12-2002, 07:34 PM
Ray, i havent heard anything yet either starting to wonder if i made a mistake here.
I order a balancer from him a while back it shiped with in a week but there was an excuse as to why it took so long to ship.

It would be nice if he would at least let un know somthing.

Vibe Ray
08-12-2002, 09:00 PM
Our first Lawnsite SCANDAL!!! What shall we call it?!

heygrassman
08-12-2002, 09:44 PM
And Devo had the gull to beat up Wright??

who's getting florida?

i did e-mail wright 2 pages, 2 weeks ago, i guess their too busy to reply.

i know of 2 other dealers that have called, written and even spoke to them at the expo.......it seems like they don't care!

hopefully this bites them and wakes them up!!

captdevo
08-12-2002, 10:19 PM
guilty as charged.........lol

sorry for the delay, i was dealt a bad hand too!

i had over 45 ordered in 24 hours, paypal had a limit to accept only 25 orders....needless to say, i've scrambled to try to get more.

27 have been shipped, others will be refunded within 24 hours, unless the others i odered show up (i got some worktunes too)

not making excuses but, it's been crazy with service here, and our little girls been running a 102 fever for 3 days, so my of course, my main helper, my wife, cannot help me out.

----------------
heygrassman

i didn't bash wright, i bashed their dist. for my area, for good reason, for which i won't go into detail here.........

btw...how's the bededger? good deal?

--------------------

my apologies for the delays, i'm sending tracking numbers out tonight for the ones that were delayed, i do see over 18 have been delivered.

sorry, hope i didn't burn any bridges.

dave

Chuck Sinclair
08-12-2002, 10:33 PM
I was told mine have shipped and been given a shipping number. with a delivery date of 08/16/2002

KirbysLawn
08-12-2002, 10:37 PM
Got my shipping number also, thanks for replying.

excel25
08-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Received my tracking # tonight also...............Thank You!!!:D

nova385
08-13-2002, 10:51 AM
captdevo-

You say you got some work tunes in with your order - How much are you selling those for?

KirbysLawn
08-15-2002, 07:04 PM
Oh, now that hurts. Use my own thread to buy all the Selects from Grainger, mark them up and then sell them to me and ship them in the Grainger box. Ouch!

Anyway, I got them and they are working fine.

Do I not get any receipt for my purchase? No invoice or receipt was included in the box, I need a receipt for tax and warranty purposes.

mowerconsultant
08-15-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by KirbysLawn
Oh, now that hurts. Use my own thread to buy all the Selects from Grainger, mark them up and then sell them to me and ship them in the Grainger box. Ouch!

Anyway, I got them and they are working fine.

Do I not get any receipt for my purchase? No invoice or receipt was included in the box, I need a receipt for tax and warranty purposes.

At least you got a pair.........
I was told over a week ago I was gonna get a pair.......
Today I got a refund from PayPal, seems that I dont get them now....:(
I talked to Capt Devo, and if he gets anymore of the right ones I will have a chance again........:rolleyes:
Ray,
Did you not get a PayPal reciept in your e-mail ??

Later
Pj

KirbysLawn
08-15-2002, 08:23 PM
Well, $135 is still a good deal. I may have, I'll have to cehck when I get on my home PC, I'm on my laptop right now.

excel25
08-15-2002, 09:23 PM
Got mine today :blob3: a receipt would be good for taxes

Darryl G
08-16-2002, 12:37 AM
I'm feeling left out. Nothing from Pay Pal and no shipping #. Kirby - Hope your're kidding about the Grainger box.

KirbysLawn
08-16-2002, 02:23 PM
Darryl, nope.

It has the Grainger item numbers, stickers, and all. I guess that's the free enterprise system working. I could have done that and not posted the link and sold them myself, but I was hoping to help the members get some and keep cost down. Looks as if he bought all he could, marked them up, and then sold them to us. I'm sure if he had not bought all of them then we could have gotten them at $94 when we called looking.

It would have been wiser to ship them in another box other than the Grainger box.

I do have a receipt from Pay-Pal.

captdevo
08-16-2002, 03:34 PM
i wish it was that easy!

how many people got worktunes mistakenly? me...

but..... i do have an inside with grainger, and was able to get all old stock.

at least with alot of leg work i was able to get some!

if you are not pleased, i will be happy to refund your money, i have at least 30 others that would love to have a pair.

KirbysLawn
08-16-2002, 06:33 PM
Dave, I also had someone checking about the model numbers and if someone would have not bought out the entire inventory then I could have bought the correct model.

Just as you said "and was able to get all old stock", you getting the old stock prevented everyone elso from getting what we were seeking, that what I didn't like.

How do we post deals such as this on LawnSite without people like you going and buying all the inventory from under us, marking it up and then selling it back too us?

Do you not understand that "without your leg work" we could have got them from Grainger for $94?

Your markup was minimal, and it still is a deal, I don't appreciate being undercut like this.

captdevo
08-16-2002, 06:46 PM
believe me, there was very little...if any profit! do the math..

selects $94
s/h (from graingers) up to $13 depending on location
$$107

shipping to you up to $13 = $120... less paypal 2.9%- $3.48= $123.48......wow a whole $11.52 i probably spent that in phone calls!!!

my shop rate is $58 an hour, it took me 8 hours easy after locating, ordering, processing and shipping!

did i make anything??

again, if you're unsatisfied, i'll refund your money!

i felt i was doing members a favor after everyone getting worktunes!!

heck....i didn't even inquire till i got stuck with worktunes twice!!

please, i insist, return them, there are many others who weren't able to get any!!

Craig Turf Management
08-16-2002, 10:03 PM
I've got some things that I would like to sell. Can I post these items here as well, or do I need to pay to advertise on the used equipment forum?
Bill Craig!;)

KirbysLawn
08-16-2002, 11:44 PM
Dave, you missed the point. When mine showed up yesterday I was shocked to see a Grainger box. My wife asked what was wrong, I told her I couldn't beleive you would buy these from under me and others, and then have the nerve to ship them still sealed in the Grainger box!

I agree and have said twice that your charge was minimal profit, it was also unnecesery. Instead of just posting "Granger #--- has them", you ordered them all. When we were calling having the service reps check it was already too late, they were on the way to you, wasted timeon my part.

We now had to pay for the shipping to and from you along with your profit figured in also. PS, next time you make purchases from Grainger such as this have them transfer them to your local store, no shipping charges that way.

I will keep mine thanks, I'm happy with them. I'm not happy with the thought of having to pay another middle man a mark-up and more shipping. If left alone I could have had a pair 2 weeks ago for $30 less.

Thanks.

1MajorTom
08-16-2002, 11:45 PM
Quote:
I've got some things that I would like to sell. Can I post these items here as well, or do I need to pay to advertise on the used equipment forum?
Bill Craig! ;)

Bill I can't tell by your ;) if you are being serious or not by this question, but I will answer seriously.
Yes you would have to post them under the used equipment forum.
CaptDevo does have a forum here on LS under the New & Used Equipment and Part Marketplace Forum. He did post those peltors for sale under that forum along with this forum too.

Ray,
Thanks for posting that info on how to get the Peltors for $99.00. I'm sure the guys that were lucky enough to get the right ones do appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Darryl G
08-17-2002, 01:56 AM
I got mine today. Nice units!

Kirby, I see you weren't kidding about the Graingers box. Well, $135 is still a great deal for me, but it would have been more professional IMO to switch the box. I can understand why you're a little peeved.

The tuning buttons don't always work on mine, especially the down one. To those of you that have them, is it normal to have to push the buttons several times to seek a new station?

roscioli
08-17-2002, 02:15 PM
Darryl- I havent read the directions on mine, but I have the same kind of issues. You have to push the power button once quickly after it turns on to get the radio on, then it should be all set. Sometimes it almost seems like it freezes up, but its most likely just cause I havent read the directions.
Kirby- I thank you very much for posting the link. I did get mine in luckily, and I feel for you, and all the others that did not get them because of this issue.
CaptDevo- I understand your side too, but it was a little low...

KirbysLawn
08-17-2002, 05:57 PM
The tuning buttons are sensitive. If you are tuning up and a station is strong keep hiting the tuning button.

When I turn mine on I press the big button to turn on, press it again to go to radio, then I press the two fade buttons at the same time to mute the mics. When someone walks up and I need to talk, just tap the big button at the radio is off and the mics are on.:cool:

Cleve
08-17-2002, 10:03 PM
believe me, there was very little...if any profit! do the math..
selects $94
s/h (from graingers) up to $13 depending on location
$$107

Hey... I beg to differ with you regards the figures quoted above.
I was able to get a set from Grainger and used my previous employers account (not a problem with Grainger as I asked first and paid cash) and get one of their usual large customer discount. My set cost about $85 including tax and there was no shipping charge even though they were shipped from another state. If you have any connections at all with Grainger I'm sure you could probably have done better than that.
Cleve....

REO
08-18-2002, 08:07 AM
I hate to be late on anything , but I just checked out this thread and too my "SUPRISE", I have a pair of these Peltor's. The only difference is, mine are yellow, and I got mine at sears for $60. AM - FM and they take 2 AA batteries.

Cleve
08-18-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by REO
I hate to be late on anything , but I just checked out this thread and too my "SUPRISE", I have a pair of these Peltor's. The only difference is, mine are yellow, and I got mine at sears for $60. AM - FM and they take 2 AA batteries.
"SUPRISE"...You got a radio built into a pair of regular hearing protectors. The Select units have a built-in electronic system with external microphones and electronic circuitry to control any sounds. Way more control than you can get with any other "radio headphones". And they work great. I have a diesel Walker mower and these are the first units I have used that actually quieten the diesel sound to a comfortable level along with being able to hear the radio. Actually worth more than the price "captdevo" is getting. A real bargain if you can find them for less than $100.
Cleve....

REO
08-18-2002, 03:09 PM
I guess thats why they are yellow instead of red. I will say though that I have to be careful when I am working around people at some of my facilities that I don't have my radio on because I have trouble hearing someone. I do have to say that I used peltor's for 11 yrs. and I really didn't think that I would be able to hear the radio over the noise of the mower, but I was wrong, they are one of the best things I bought this year. The other is an eXmark HP.

Cleve
08-18-2002, 05:04 PM
With the Selects you can hear the people. Kinda interesting how you can pretty much carry on a conversation with someone while wearing them. The electronics will actually amplify some sounds. And by using the volumn control you can even hear some sounds that would be low without them. By touching one of the buttons on the side you turn the radio portion on or off easily.
Cleve....