PDA

View Full Version : Price check for adding two zones

JJOHN22042
08-04-2002, 01:11 AM
Just did some yard work here and would like to have 2 more Zones added to system. I have the room on the Control for the zones. Would like to have about 8-10 heads total in new zones.
What would be a good Price for this?

Ps: Sprinklers are not my thing!!

JJOHN22042
08-20-2002, 07:41 PM
Ok just a little help or a clue would be nice.:blob3: :blob3: :blob3:

rvsuper
08-20-2002, 07:44 PM
Just a guesstimate but probably around 250-300 dollars + labor???

dforbes
08-20-2002, 11:13 PM
first i would check inside the controller and see how many extra wires are in the box. Just because there are empty zones doesnt mean it will be easy. If you have enough wires go outside to where you will tap in and make sure that you have the same wire here. you will have to test this wire. If the same wire is there this is a good start. since you did not put the system in your assuming that you have enough pressure at this point to run these heads. if everything goes perfect I think $250 to $300 + labor is fair. If it were me i would explain to the customer in advance that since everthing is underground and we can't be sure what we are working with that this is an estimate only and is subject to change. If he would except it I would give him an hourly rate + materials. If I over cautious its because I've learned this the hard way. Loosing money on a job is no fun but its a good teacher. If they don't want to work with you under these conditions, you would be better calling in an irrigation contractor. They have the experiance and nessasary tools to do the proper tests and give an accorate bid. Hope this helps
Dennis

DanaMac
08-20-2002, 11:49 PM
Many of the local tract home builders provide sprinklers and landscaping for the front. And most of the backs need two zones. Usually when I bid on those it is between $700-$1000. Depends on soil conditions, existing grass or just dirt, access for machinery, does the entire manifold need rebuilding due to glued together tees and no place to add onto it, enough wiring to the box. But in most cases it is around $850.

dforbes
08-21-2002, 10:21 AM
perhaps I should have been a liitle more specific. Labor should be at a high enough rate to cover equipt. costs labor overhead, and profit. I was thiinking on an addon charging 250 - 300 for materials.
Dennis

JJOHN22042
08-24-2002, 01:01 AM
Well thanks guys for the information. Sounds like a Fair Price to me.