PDA

View Full Version : Will the new Gator style blade become available?

mtwcutt
08-16-2010, 07:05 PM
For the Hustlers. I think its the G6 or something like that. I cant find a 18.5" cross reference. No big deal just thought I would try if out there.

mowerconsultant
08-18-2010, 05:09 PM
For the Hustlers. I think its the G6 or something like that. I cant find a 18.5" cross reference. No big deal just thought I would try if out there.

I am not aware of Hustler using any new style Gators, sorry.

Pj

mdale
08-18-2010, 10:32 PM
What kind of gator blade is the hustler 797712? Is it just the normal gator ( not the g6, 3in1, or magnum), and is it a high, mid,or low lift blade?

Thanks

mtwcutt
08-20-2010, 11:36 AM
3 in 1, low to maybe a medium lift. Its a good blade but I like the standard fusion better.

mowerconsultant
08-20-2010, 01:04 PM
What kind of gator blade is the hustler 797712? Is it just the normal gator ( not the g6, 3in1, or magnum), and is it a high, mid,or low lift blade?

Thanks

It is the original standard Gator blade.

RobertD
08-22-2010, 12:36 AM
Gator does have a new blade called the G6. It is three inches wide instead of 2.5 and is 25% thicker. They have tungsten fusion technology are VERY heavy duty.
I have been using a set of the standard Gator Mulchers on my Mini-Fastrack 42 and they worked great. However, I wanted to try the new ones.
I could not find a cross reference anywhere for the Mini 42. I called Hustler, and they did not have a cross either. However the person I talked to said he would talk to the engineering department. I didn’t get a name sorry.
He returned my call and said they have not tried the blade in question but could not see why it would not work, but wouldn't be responsible for any problems.
To make a long story short…I ordered the 20 ˝ G6 mulcher from Bailey’s at baileysonline.com. Just make sure it has a 5/8” hole for mounding. After installing, I made sure they did not touch the deck anywhere or hit in the middle. I was a little concerned about the increased width. I have been using them for a couple of weeks now with absolutely no problem. They seem to have more momentum, due to the extra weight, for that tough grass. They also seem to have more lift.

mdale
08-23-2010, 11:49 AM
So do you like the g6 blade better than the normal gator? Also have you noticed less straglers with the longer cutting area on the g6. I'll have to try bailey's to see if they have 18.5 g6's for my 54" fastrak.

RobertD
08-23-2010, 08:11 PM
So do you like the g6 blade better than the normal gator? Also have you noticed less straglers with the longer cutting area on the g6. I'll have to try bailey's to see if they have 18.5 g6's for my 54" fastrak.

I didn't notice any stragglers with the standard Gators on my lawn. I cut often and don't let the grass get much taller than 4 inches. I mow at 3 inches. Now...what I did notice is the tremendous "lift" the G6's have over the standards. When I check the mulch I don't find anything longer than a 1/4 inch, it just disappears.
On the down side...if you have thin spots as do I, the blades will suck up an enormous amount of dust. ...wear a mask if that's the case.:dizzy:

mdale
08-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the info, it looks like they don't make a 18.5" 5/8 hole g6 yet, hopefully they will soon. I've got the normal gators and like the fine size of the clipping but have problems with the stragglers at times. I also like the low lift so I don't get covered in grass clippings

mdale
01-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Any news on 18.5" 5/8 g6 gators yet?

mowerconsultant
01-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Any news on 18.5" 5/8 g6 gators yet?

Hustler doesn't offer them, sorry.

Pj