PDA

View Full Version : Mini Z42 hydro leak

FIRE
08-16-2010, 06:22 PM
HI PJ
I have a Mini Z 42 and have noticed that the left side transaxle is leaking. I cleaned it all up and it seems to take a little while to leak its hard to tell where its coming from it seems to be either the brake rod shaft or the 2 halves of the transaxle. The mower only has 352 hrs on it and do not think it should be leaking this soon. I asked my dealer about it and he told me he has not seen a lot of these transaxles,he also is not a Hustler dealer anymore either. Was wondering if you have heard or seen anything like this before.
Thanks John

mowerconsultant
08-18-2010, 04:12 PM
The only ones I have seen link were do to curb jumping at a certain angle and it caused a crack after hitting the curb.
What is your serial #?

Pj

FIRE
08-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks for getting back to me so quick. the serial# is 06060654 model# 928200. I do not have a curbs to hop but I will check for a crack.
John

mowerconsultant
08-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks for getting back to me so quick. the serial# is 06060654 model# 928200. I do not have a curbs to hop but I will check for a crack.
John

Ok.
This was posted here on LS in 2008.
These guards would prevent cracking for the most part.
Hustler Turf now has a guard available for the charge pump covers on the Hydro Gear ZT 2800 transmissions.
This kit contains two guards, one for each ZT 2800 charge pump, and the hardware to mount them.
These guards will fit all FasTrak and Super Duty FasTrak tractors with ZT 2800 transmissions. The kit part number is 109818.
These are to be sold as an accessory and therefore, will not be accepted for warranty.

FIRE
08-23-2010, 05:33 PM
I checked for cracks in the trans but could not find one and it does not seem to be leaking at the moment since I cleaned it up.(very strange) It seems to take a little time before it leaks? thanks for the info on the kit. I was also wondering if there were gator blades available for this model yet and what the part number is.
Thanks John

mowerconsultant
08-23-2010, 06:32 PM
I checked for cracks in the trans but could not find one and it does not seem to be leaking at the moment since I cleaned it up.(very strange) It seems to take a little time before it leaks? thanks for the info on the kit. I was also wondering if there were gator blades available for this model yet and what the part number is.
Thanks John

42" Gator blades for your mower are Hustler part # 794230

Pj