PDA

View Full Version : 4mix C4 engine issue

snapper72'
08-16-2010, 11:22 PM
have brand new swisher/shindaiwa edger(E3000). It starts right up and runs well until I go WOT then it skips and seems to struggle. Another poster on this board advised that C4 engines have an issue with puddling of air/fuel mixture in the crankcase which gets pushed into the head at WOT and causes this issue. Anyone have anything similar happen with 4mix engines and any suggestions on resolving this issue? Thanks.

dutch1
08-17-2010, 12:29 AM
If it's new, it's under warranty, don't mess with it. Take it back to the purchasing dealer, illustrate the problem and have them make it right.

snapper72'
08-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Unfortunatley i didn't purchase it from a dealer, but on ebay. It is new, but according to Shindaiwa(who i spoke with this a.m.) the person who sold it to me is considered the original purchaser and the warranty does not extend past him. The guy on ebay advertised the units warranty so it is really a very unfair selling practice. The seller has agreed to refund my money, minus his shipping and of course i will have to pay shipping to return the edger, all in all about 50.00. Last time I buy equipment off ebay. Otherwise, your advice is exactly what i would do.

topsites
08-17-2010, 06:51 PM
To my understanding all that should be required is adjusting the HI side mix screw
OUT about 1/4 to 1/2, maybe 3/4's of a turn.

At least that's what I would try for starters, also pull the air filter off to see how it runs without that on there.