PDA

View Full Version : 23hp Kawasaki stalls when PTO engaged

andymiller
08-16-2010, 10:27 PM
I have a 23hp Kawasaki on a SCAG Tiger Cub. When I mow for more that 30 min, when engine heats up, the engine stalls out. It will start right back up, but a few minutes later it stalls again. This only happens when the PTO is engaged. It is also blowing the 20amp fuse. I have replaced the fuel filter, cleaned both fuel tanks, replaced spark plugs, replaced electric PTO clutch, replaced PTO switch, replaced fuel pump, and installed a new battery. I have even put a "jumper" on the safety switch under the seat, just in case the switch was going bad. I assume it is an electrical problem but not sure. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what it could be? I have had it in the shop 4 times now with no success.
Thanks in advance.

DT Lawn Care
08-17-2010, 08:18 AM
I have a 23hp Kawasaki on a SCAG Tiger Cub. When I mow for more that 30 min, when engine heats up, the engine stalls out. It will start right back up, but a few minutes later it stalls again. This only happens when the PTO is engaged. It is also blowing the 20amp fuse. I have replaced the fuel filter, cleaned both fuel tanks, replaced spark plugs, replaced electric PTO clutch, replaced PTO switch, replaced fuel pump, and installed a new battery. I have even put a "jumper" on the safety switch under the seat, just in case the switch was going bad. I assume it is an electrical problem but not sure. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what it could be? I have had it in the shop 4 times now with no success.
Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you checked everything but the ignition coils. That would be my next step