PDA

View Full Version : Nursery/ Propagation?

Just Turned Pro
08-04-2002, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know of a forum similar to this that has discussions about the nursery and propagation end of the industry?

Arboristsite.com has one forum relating to this but there is not much activity and all the others that I have found are either for hobbyists' and are difficult to navigate....

Thanks

Green Goblin
08-04-2002, 03:23 PM
I'd be interested in the same thing. Maybe we could get some minor activity going on in here.

BigJim
08-04-2002, 06:08 PM
This is the closest I know of,I've never come across a nursery site.http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/

cglservice
08-04-2002, 07:25 PM
Guys I have not found any real useful place's myself
as far as propagation all we are growing on are place is ornamental grasses propagation with this is really pretty simply.
With Lillys and Hostas it is much the same way,

Maybe we could get something here going with the ones of us that are growers as well as cutters and landscape.

Just Turned Pro
08-04-2002, 08:29 PM
Actually the Gardenweb forums are the ones that I was referring to that are for hobbyist's and difficult to navigate. Im not a big fan of their BB style. It is more difficult to sort through and doesn't bump most recent replies to the top. I prefer VBulletin (this site) or Ikonboard.

There is a lot of knowledge there, but you have to sort through the 100 + forums plus all of the hobbyist and housewife chit-chat to get to the information.

It would be nice to have a forum for this here (to admin: hint hint!) since this site gets a lot of traffic..... or if they don't want to mess with it here, I could put one up. I have run a bulletin board before and it is a lot of work so I would rather see it just added here :D

cglservice
08-04-2002, 08:53 PM
:D Yes a new forum does sound very nice, I know that I could use alot more information myself.

BigJim
08-04-2002, 09:00 PM
Throw your questions in here then,some great minds read this section I'm sure you'll get the answers you need.

Just Turned Pro
05-26-2003, 01:53 AM
Another thread talking about starting a garden center got me wondering if there was any more interest in this on this board? Especially since there is new management since the last time this was brought up?:D