PDA

View Full Version : getting addresses for direct mail...the cheap way?

DLC0806
08-17-2010, 05:39 PM
i have found a site that i can get addresses on the streets i want to target, the problem is.. there are no names.. do i need them or when i mail out postcards can i just write on them current resident? or resident?

any ideas on what you guys do? or if this works? or am i being to cheap.. thanks

DLC0806
08-17-2010, 11:07 PM
wheres bohiaa at? hes the only one who answers questions for people on this site.. with useful answers i must add also!

no one has anything on this?? lol

LoweJ82
08-18-2010, 01:55 AM
Do you get the news paper? the paper boy/girl for our town gets a route list, on this it has Names, phone numbers & address

can even get them to drop off a flyer with each paper, as long as its not mixed in or fastened to the paper its legal.

toss flyer on porch, place paper on top of it so it dont blow away.

bohiaa
08-18-2010, 08:35 AM
here I am............lol

nothing wrong with being cheap,

never was a fan of direct mail, you only reach one maybe customer this way.
I know in the larger citys it's harder to get your name out there.
but to be cheap you can always go to the Appraisal District web site. and do a lot of cut and paste....

Best of luck

DLC0806
08-18-2010, 03:17 PM
here I am............lol

nothing wrong with being cheap,

never was a fan of direct mail, you only reach one maybe customer this way.
I know in the larger citys it's harder to get your name out there.
but to be cheap you can always go to the Appraisal District web site. and do a lot of cut and paste....

Best of luck

What are other ways? i have yard signs being delivered this week.. i have 5 neighborhoods mapped out!

i do beleive one flyer reaches one person.. i have a decent budget to work with.. any other suggestions?

AA+ landscaping
08-18-2010, 06:30 PM
What are other ways? i have yard signs being delivered this week.. i have 5 neighborhoods mapped out!

i do beleive one flyer reaches one person.. i have a decent budget to work with.. any other suggestions?

I just used zillow.com and then use reverse look up in white pages. It takes some time but worked just fine.

DLC0806
08-18-2010, 08:51 PM
I just used zillow.com and then use reverse look up in white pages. It takes some time but worked just fine.

i like it! i went to recently sold homes.. seems like easy sales.. but i dont understand the reverse look up.. what do you look up on zillow

bohiaa
08-19-2010, 08:05 AM
use the yard sgins in this area, yes and go ahead and do flyers at THERE door.

maybe even do flyers on telephone poles for this area.

let everyone in that area know why you are, and that your there all the time.

grab one of them as a customer and have them do word of mouth.

there's nothing wrong with asking a customer for a refurale.

ask them, if they know there neabor, or anyone else in the area.

Like you I have to build up in a certain area. and this is what I did.

it works. find the customer that like to talk to everyone and let him do all the work.

Best of luck

DLC0806
08-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Yea bohiaa..

thats my plan.. my doorhangers came in yesterday, waiting for the yard signs!

also my plan is to go door to door with my work shirt and truck and a hand full of $5 bills and ask to put these yard signs in all yards in my area.. corner lots i could pay more

AA+ landscaping
08-19-2010, 09:03 PM
i like it! i went to recently sold homes.. seems like easy sales.. but i dont understand the reverse look up.. what do you look up on zillow

whitepages.com too get the owners name. Or just put on current resident

LushGreenLawn
08-19-2010, 10:22 PM
I just go block leading. Drive by the house, note the street name, write down each number. I can do a 300 home development in about 45 minutes. Of course this is a winter time thing.

It sounds like alot, but once you have them, you have them, and no, you don't need the names. I put the name of the community. For example, in a development called "Hidden Pond" I would put hidden pond resident.

It makes it sound like something they should open. The flyer for each community has the heading "Special just for "Hidden Pond" Residents" big and bold. I do well with them in the spring.