PDA

View Full Version : Dog Repellants

Teach123
08-18-2010, 12:22 AM
I am at my wits end with people letting their dogs walk through my lawn. Not to mention letting their dog pee and poop and act like my lawn is a public park. The problem is I live by a popular park and my street gets a lot of foot traffic heading to the park. I am getting ready to resod my front yard and do not want to go to jail because I shoot the first dog-owner that lets Rover enjoy my yard.

So...I have been looking at those solar powered ultra sonic animal repellants. You know, the kind you stake to your lawn. Anyone have experience with these? I have read some reviews, but they are all mixed. People either say they work great or don't work at all. Any advice on a reputable brand or even an alternative to these things.

I was also thinking about those motion detected sprinklers, but i hate to leave the water on all the time.

Please HELP!!!

VillageGreen
08-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Wow..didn't know there were products out there like this..I would have suggested getting a pet alligator and tying it up on the front lawn...It'd practically take care of itself with all the fast food stopping by.

f50lvr2
08-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Would you be able to put up a fence? Besides that, I like the pet alligator idea!

Teach123
08-18-2010, 12:51 AM
The pet alligator would work, although I don;t want to kill the dogs...just keep them off my lawn :) And a fence wouldn't do much for look of the front of my house.

RigglePLC
08-18-2010, 10:14 AM
I like the pet alligator idea. You can always use the plasic version. Also the motion detecting sprinkler is excellent--it only runs for 8 seconds each time it is set off.
But also how about cocoa bean mulch?
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/cocoamulch.asp

And the deer shocking pole--just reduce the pole height to suit the dog size in question. Use old batteries--you don't want to hurt the dog--much.

Also, if you repell the owner the dog follows, so a good sign may work.

And, a few mole traps will make the owners real nervous, even if the trap is not set.

Also

http://www.discountwildlifesupplies.com/store/RepellentsDeodorizers/Repellents/

lilmarvin4064
08-18-2010, 04:03 PM
ooh, bear traps!