PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander Kill Switch

KingOfCupCar20
08-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Does anyone know how disable the kill switch for a 52 wright stander? For the past couple weeks it has been really sensitive and if i shift my weight even a little the blades start to disengage. how do i disable the kill switch? I was working yesterday and the blades wont engage at all anymore without the mower wanting to die.

I know how to adjust the lever that pushes down but that hasnt worked, i would like to know how to disable it all together. Thanks!

D

KingOfCupCar20
08-18-2010, 11:53 AM
also the blades start to go but then it cuts out before continuing to run

BigFish
08-18-2010, 01:52 PM
For test purposes only, you can just bypass the switch by jumping the wires.I think the OPC circuit has a time delay built in which explains the blades acting up. I'm not familiar with the Wrights but it should work something like that.
You should NOT operate the unit with the OPC disabled. ( my lawyer made me add that LOL )

olde_blue
08-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Wright Standers don't have a time delay circuit. Check and see if mud, sticks, or leaves aren't stuck under the front of the platform not allowing it to travel all the way down--I've had this problem before.

Jumpering the plug will bypass the switch; if this fixes the problem, you probably ought to replace the switch. They aren't very expensive.

BigFish
08-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Wright Standers don't have a time delay circuit. Check and see if mud, sticks, or leaves aren't stuck under the front of the platform not allowing it to travel all the way down--I've had this problem before.

Jumpering the plug will bypass the switch; if this fixes the problem, you probably ought to replace the switch. They aren't very expensive.

Yeah they do! At least according to the '09 Op. Manual on the Wright website.