PDA

View Full Version : selling a "new" truck...without getting burned

eggy
08-04-2002, 04:41 PM
I just bought a Ford f 250 super duty and decided I really dont like the truck at all......any tips on selling it straight out it is a 2002 with only 3k miles...I am going to take a betting on it....I have that feeling....

Evan528
08-04-2002, 06:01 PM
unfotunatly you will have to take a beating on it to make it worth while for someone to buy over a brand new one :( . Im a curious as too what you dislike about it so much? I have a 2000 f-250 SD that I absolutly love. It has had its stupid little noises and dumb petty problems but overall I cant see owning anything else.

Gravel Rat
08-04-2002, 06:11 PM
Hey don't feel bad I have todo the same albeit my truck is a 88 F-Superduty I gotta get rid of it for numerous reasons and I have only owned the truck for a year and maybe put 1000 kms on it.

I know if I trade it in I'am gonna take a beating something feirce but I have no choice no body is gonna buy a 460 powered truck no one is dumb enough like I was. The reason why I bought the truck was it was a turn key dump truck ready to work the next day. I also didn't realize a few things I have found out with this truck that doesn't make it feasable for me to make any money with it.

I paid 8000 grand for the truck and I figure I'am gonna have to take a 1000 dollar loss and I already have dumped 1000 bucks into the truck already. Damn impulse buying if I wasn't in such a rush to buy a dump truck I would have gotten myself in this mess.

Good Luck

scott's turf
08-05-2002, 12:52 PM
Well if you get a $7000 and you put into it a $1000 than that means the truck cost you $2000 for the year. Divide that by 12 months and that is only $167/month. Not too bad.

Gravel Rat
08-05-2002, 03:58 PM
Those expenses were new tires etc the biggest expense is fuel if the truck burns atleast 40 bucks a week and I'am not trying to drive the truck much. I figured it out it costs me 10 to 40 bucks a day in fuel depending on what I'am doing one load of topsoil I hauled 80 kms cost me 35 dollars in fuel.

The biggest reason why I'am getting rid of the truck I have now is it burns way too much fuel a friend of mine has a 450 and it was gas and it burned 1200 dollars a month in fuel. My truck see's at best 8 mpg M/T and fuel being 3.38 a gallon its pretty expensive.

Albemarle Lawn
08-10-2002, 10:32 PM
TIME FOR ANARCHY!!!

Brickman
08-14-2002, 12:59 AM
Eggy what in the world is wrong with the truck?
I have a 2000 F 250 and cannot imagine owning any thing else, other than another one. If it is a gasser then I can understand.
More than likely you will take a beating on the truck. Sucks I know.

m&m
08-19-2002, 10:28 PM
i also would like to know what u dislike about it.........i have to say that you have a good truck unless u bought a lemon

bubble boy
08-31-2002, 02:39 AM
if indeed it is a lemon at 3000mi try to get the dealer to buyback.

from what i've read this does happen more than one might think

i guess you now long for a bow tie;)

Brickman
08-31-2002, 09:34 AM
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26635

OH YEAH THE BOW TIES ARE A PERFECT TRUCK. You never have ANY problems with them. Go read this post, and you will see that.

bubble boy
08-31-2002, 12:27 PM
i'm sure i could find a few members here with PS stories. so someone with a chevy story doesn't even make me blink.

i've had no prob with my silverados, and they get beat like rented mules.

my dodge ram, as i have mentioned here and on plowsite, has had almost $10 000 work done, (Cdn funds). of course that doesn't include warrenty work, at least 5 times major work. Oh yeah, it's a 2001.

last week it was a split hose. 2 weeks ago brakes. etc, etc.

point is when you sell as many trucks as the big three there will be lemons.

but i don't begrudge dodge. in fact, i've driven the new rams whenever major work is being done to my 2001. i really like them, and i would buy any of the big three at the right price.

But my heart is still with chevy!