PDA

View Full Version : Gopher???

vanncann
08-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Will Gopher work with windows 7??? Have emailed the manufacture and have no response... Does any body know. Thanks!!!

TJLANDS
08-18-2010, 09:13 PM
yes it works fine with windows 7

vanncann
08-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Is there anything you have to do? And does 62bit system have any thing to do with it???

TJLANDS
08-18-2010, 10:04 PM
No clue, only had issues switching to vista, which customer service fixed, now running 7

mark123
08-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Is there anything you have to do? And does 62bit system have any thing to do with it???

If you have 62-bit system then you have worse problems. :p

I run Gopher on my 64-bit Vista box. :)

bohiaa
08-19-2010, 08:01 AM
do your research, and make sure gopher is what you want and or need

there is a ton of post here about lawnpro/gopher, and such.

mark123
08-19-2010, 05:14 PM
do your research, and make sure gopher is what you want and or need

there is a ton of post here about lawnpro/gopher, and such.I agree. Download the trial and set it up. If you like it you just buy the registration code and just keep using it after the 30 day trial.

gene gls
08-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Gopher has several bugs and has not had any upgrades. Lattest bug is you have to have 3 customers listed in order to create an invoice. I sold my business and only work for 1 property now.

juststartin
08-20-2010, 04:32 PM
I have used gopher for several years and I just switched to qxpress. i could not be happier. gopher just plain sucks, its full of bugs and once it billed all of my contract customers twice. contacted customer service and they did not respond. Demo Qxpress I wish I had a long time ago.

Peerless Lawn Care
08-24-2010, 04:33 PM
How does it price in comparison? Just downloaded the gopher demo last night, YUCK! Looks like it hasn't been updated since 2006. I think I could make a better Excel spreadsheet.

Does Qxpress have capabilities for chemical application and scheduling?

LawnsRUsInc.
08-27-2010, 06:12 PM
better business decision get a different software than gopher

Peerless Lawn Care
08-28-2010, 01:04 AM
better business decision get a different software than gopher

So gopher is for amateurs you are saying?
Posted via Mobile Device

gene gls
08-28-2010, 06:22 AM
Its more for price shoppers now because it hasen't had any upgrades in a long time. Most of the other programs are more indepth at information storeage but come with a yearly "upgrade" fee.

jbell36
09-15-2010, 06:55 PM
i disagree, gopher has been awesome for us...the only thing i can see "wrong" with it is it is not web based so if something happens to your computer with gopher you are screwed...we have 90 customers therefore we send out about 90 invoices a month, it schedules them and then turns them into invoices after the work has been completed, very simple and straight forward haven't had one problem with it yet...it also does a lot more than that

TJLANDS
09-15-2010, 08:14 PM
To say Gopher is a bad program etc. is just plain wrong.

If you want to spend more money(up to 10x the cost)
be my guest, but if you want a program that was made for
this business and will help you organize and simplify your business
than you should try it. I have been running it for over ten years
and nothing is easier.
It makes Scheduling- routing-crew tracking- invoicing-contracts-customer letters-mailing labels and more ...Simple and fast.

I have said in the past the only flaw is no spell checking program, but of course there are ways around that.

By the way it is backed up twice on external hard drives and my laptop daily
so when a computer crashes, you have no worries.

gene gls
09-15-2010, 08:54 PM
i disagree, gopher has been awesome for us...the only thing i can see "wrong" with it is it is not web based so if something happens to your computer with gopher you are screwed...we have 90 customers therefore we send out about 90 invoices a month, it schedules them and then turns them into invoices after the work has been completed, very simple and straight forward haven't had one problem with it yet...it also does a lot more than that

And how long have you been using the program? I belive I have had it sence 2004.

gene gls
09-15-2010, 08:59 PM
To say Gopher is a bad program etc. is just plain wrong.

If you want to spend more money(up to 10x the cost)
be my guest, but if you want a program that was made for
this business and will help you organize and simplify your business
than you should try it. I have been running it for over ten years
and nothing is easier.
It makes Scheduling- routing-crew tracking- invoicing-contracts-customer letters-mailing labels and more ...Simple and fast.

I have said in the past the only flaw is no spell checking program, but of course there are ways around that.

By the way it is backed up twice on external hard drives and my laptop daily
so when a computer crashes, you have no worries.

Its not a "bad" program. It just has several glitches that need fixing-changing.

AztlanLC
09-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Its not a "bad" program. It just has several glitches that need fixing-changing.

The problem is gopher has not updated their program or implemented any new features since 2003 or maybe longer, the owner is now more focused in posting stupid videos on you tube, the palm version is an beta since 2003 or so as well as any other proposed feature.
It even has a glitch that would let you run the program free for as long as you want with all features.