PDA

View Full Version : Transformer help needed

TexasTurfgrass
08-18-2010, 10:01 PM
I went to a site today to look at a problem someone is having with lighting. They have low voltage lights in the front and back yard both hooked up to a PM Lighting MTH transformers....none of the lights are working. Both of the transformers have a photometric cell (they were hard wired to the 120V wiring).

The magnetic circuit breakers had not been tripped to the off position so I would assume that was not the problem.

I did not have much time to troubleshoot today, but I am going back tomorrow and thought I would see if anyone has worked with these transformers before. I usually work with other brands.

Today I tested the 120V outlet and the meter read right at 120V. I tried to manually activate the photocell (I didn't have time to disable today) to see if I could get a reading off of the voltage taps, but I couldn't get a reading off any of the voltage taps attached to the magnetic circuit breakers.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Mark

ccfree
08-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Hey Mark,

I am located in Dallas Texas and work for Ewing Irrigation. I would be happy to help you with your issue. Please give me a call and I will help you figure out what is going on with this lighting system. You can reach me anytime at 817-307-2297.

Regards,

Craig Freeman