PDA

View Full Version : Is my dealer treating me right??

punk_rockin2001
08-19-2010, 02:24 AM
I have been lucky enough so far to only go to my dealer once or twice a year. I just had my first issue w/my dixie chopper and I had to take it in for some maintenance. They aren't giving me a loaner they are making me rent a p.o.s. that doesn't look like its ever been maintained for a minimum charge of $100 and then $20 an hour after the first 5 hours. The first mower they "offered" me was a 60 super z w/a 23hp engine.... 23hp?!?!?!? I didn't even know they went that low. I told them 23hp simply wouldn't be enough as I was already extremely behind. So then they came out w/a nicer dixie w/a 27hp engine, blades that have probably never been sharpened, a deck that definitely had never been cleaned, 1 tire w/8psi the other w/0psi, mud everywhere, and to top it all off it had a ticket on it like it was in the shop for repair!!! It said they hydro would lose power and the oil pressure would drop unexpectedly. Now I don't know if that was an old issue or not but they could at least take the tag off!

Since I basically live in the middle of nowhere my options are limited and this is 1 of 2 dealers in the area. Or at least the area I'm willing to drive to in case of an emergency. Is that standard procedure or am I being screwed over, cause thats the way I feel. On the flip side the people there have been extremely nice...

Stillwater
08-19-2010, 05:28 AM
NO, Just because you bought a mower from them it dosen't mean they need to loan you their property because yours is down. They are nice you said so yourself, ask them to drop the hourly after the flat fee until yours is finished. If they say no then you need to make a choice pay or skip the mowing. You are not "entitled" to anything above your warranty if they do not have a loner program and most dealers don't so be it.... So what if the mower had a tag on it the tag is for their use not yours. Mud? you got to be kidding me.. who cares it is their machine not yours. You need a mower to get the job done you don't need a status symbol... what you need is to run your business with out worrying about your dealers tags and filth on their mowers. dont forget they are running a business to and it sounds like it doesn't include lending 10G's + worth of late model mowing equipment to a guy they only see 1 or 2 times a year if that to put hours and depreciation on it... Would you? I certainly would not.

MR-G
08-23-2010, 09:37 PM
NO, Just because you bought a mower from them it dosen't mean they need to loan you their property because yours is down. They are nice you said so yourself, ask them to drop the hourly after the flat fee until yours is finished. If they say no then you need to make a choice pay or skip the mowing. You are not "entitled" to anything above your warranty if they do not have a loner program and most dealers don't so be it.... So what if the mower had a tag on it the tag is for their use not yours. Mud? you got to be kidding me.. who cares it is their machine not yours. You need a mower to get the job done you don't need a status symbol... what you need is to run your business with out worrying about your dealers tags and filth on their mowers. dont forget they are running a business to and it sounds like it doesn't include lending 10G's + worth of late model mowing equipment to a guy they only see 1 or 2 times a year if that to put hours and depreciation on it... Would you? I certainly would not.

I couldnt have said it better....lol:hammerhead:

gene gls
08-24-2010, 10:51 PM
When you are in business, you have to be as independent as possiable. In this business that means having 2 of most everything so if a machine goes down you take it to the shop for repairs and use your spare.