PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this dump truck?

mow king
08-19-2010, 03:26 AM
Seems cheap - Was owned by a asphalt company. I'm going to try to check it out tomorrow.

http://images.craigslist.org/3n73o83pc5O45V65T5a8if555961f72df1c31.jpg
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/1905700420.html

JRSlawn
08-19-2010, 05:50 AM
Yeah I saw that truck on craigslist to. Heck go check it out if all it needs is brake lines then its well worth it. If it has the cummins in it its a no brainer

Lawn Man Dave
08-19-2010, 08:24 AM
If you were able to get it for 2,000 I bet you could replace the lines, throw some spray paint on the dump to make it look nice and it will be worth more then you have in it... depending on the engine and all but I don't know much about them.

MarcSmith
08-19-2010, 08:44 AM
I love the add. ITS POWERED BY FUEL....no sht sherlock what kind...
EVERYTHING WORKS EXCEPT IT NEEDS BRAKE LINES. well then everything DOESN'T work..

keep in minds that (at least here) if it got air brakes or CDL requirement, you need someone who's Airbrake/CDL certified to work on it...

Definitly needs a spray bomb.., fiberglass work, and some interior work...

AI Inc
08-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Lot of info wrong or missing. Its an f -700 not an f -70 . Guy sounds like a moron.

Lawn Man Dave
08-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Lot of info wrong or missing. Its an f -700 not an f -70 . Guy sounds like a moron.

Yeah I don't know much about dumps but figured that out with an e-bay seach... looks like another one in Ohio on there (e-bay) also.

On the interior I would just find a black seat cover and call it a day.

Gravel Rat
08-19-2010, 12:44 PM
It probably needs more than a brake line, not sure what year Ford got rid of the Lucas brake system if that truck has it plan on spending couple thousand dollars on a complete brake rebuild.

It is a worn out plow truck it isn't worth dealing with you will be constantly repairing things. The wiring is usually rotted out of it the cabs rust out then you have frame rust etc.

Don't walk you should be running away from that POS.

Mowingman
08-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Looks to be an ex state or county plow truck. I would expect lots of rot. in fact, that is probably what is wrong woth the brake lines. The seller probably bought it at a govt. auction for $1000.00, or less.

Lawn Man Dave
08-19-2010, 02:23 PM
It probably needs more than a brake line, not sure what year Ford got rid of the Lucas brake system if that truck has it plan on spending couple thousand dollars on a complete brake rebuild.

It is a worn out plow truck it isn't worth dealing with you will be constantly repairing things. The wiring is usually rotted out of it the cabs rust out then you have frame rust etc.

Don't walk you should be running away from that POS.

Also looks like those trucks have wiring issues as it is...

Agreed on the rot, if it needs a complete brake overhaul then I would pass, Im sure it has a gas motor, if it did not then it still might be worth it.

Not sure why people don't take the time to take care of this stuff, even plaw trucks.... take a pressure washer to it every now and then for crying out loud.