PDA

View Full Version : Echo Handheld blower low end adjustment?

juicegoose
08-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Guys my Echo blower has always been real touchy when it's first started. Ya I know a cold engine doesn't like to run well but even after I let it run for a couple minutes or during the entire use cycle when I hit the gas it really hesitates and bogs down just like a trimmer or this blower does when it's cold. Anyone out there can tell me some tricks to get the engine running bette on the low end additionally have you all experienced teh same issue with the handheld gas blowers while they are cold?

dutch1
08-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Open the idle needle until it doesn't bog when accelerated then open to full throttle and adjust the high speed needle to just into the rich area where you hear a little gurgle(almost a dieseling sound). I prefer to run just a little on the rich side for better lubrication purposes.

BigFish
08-19-2010, 04:33 PM
This would help:http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=144040

Threadbare702
08-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Echo's are notorious for things like this. A lot of people remove the limiter caps on the carb and modify the muffler. Echo has restriced the motor so much (due to EPA restrictions and regulations) it can't breathe at all.