PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the Echo brush cutter attachment for trimmers?

juicegoose
08-19-2010, 09:10 AM
recently picked up a new house that has some thicker brush/small saplings in the back by a creek. I've only got my Echo srm-225 but noticed they offer a brush cutter head that can be fitted to it. Has anyone used such an attachment and does it work worth a flip? My thought is that the engine could get it spinning but as soon as you put it to wood the friction would stop the blade. Never used one though.

assemblage
09-10-2010, 10:58 PM
I used the 80T blade with the conversion pack on my srm-261t.... the blade, metal guard, and blade mount hardware. I cleared out some grass clumps, tall briars, small trees on about 1k square feet. Spent a couple hours at it. Worked a lot better than i thought it would and didn't kick back at all. Cut through inch thick baby pine trees like butter. Went through the grass good too, but I think another type of brush blade would be better because i dug it into the dirt some doing the grass. I think that's why the blade tips started rounding off. Something easier to sharpen probably. The 80t blade would be good for clearining woody brush. It works good on something that's stiff but if the brush bends or pushes away from the blade, then it's not as good.

Im not a pro, just a homeowner, so I can't compare it to anything but the string and I guess i can post this info.

Turf Management Deluxe
09-11-2010, 01:07 AM
I have one on a 25yr old echo curved shaft trimmer I had sitting around. Since this trimmer is that old it doesnt have the power like all of my newer echo trimmers, but the brush cutters do work for sure. I just bought a 10 acre property and have been clearing out the woods with that and a skidsteer. I do alot of cleanup work with mine and I think its definitely well worth it. Just my .02

mowahman
09-11-2010, 07:27 AM
I've got a 13 year old SRM 2100 that came frome HD, was straight shaft, now is somewhat bent, broken, beat up, treated worse than a redheaded stepchild, that I use with the brush blade....you'll be surprised and pleased with the performance of this unit.

stan the man
09-11-2010, 07:32 AM
i have one for my echo trimmer i love it. i use 3 to 4 times a year