PDA

View Full Version : less than 30 days til we start hanging lights...

David Gretzmier
08-19-2010, 06:02 PM
and the 30 day countdown begins. I am still debating over whether to start on the 13th of september or the 20th of september, and leaning towards the 13th. lots of lights to hang and very little time. 25 days til sept 13th, or 32 days til 20th.

pallet racks have been bought but still need to go get them and get some of them up. I really gotta get that done or it ain't gonna get done.

Christmas postcards are not done, but then that is my marketing companies' job and that will get done.

new 3 tab cut flyer for left side of presentation folder is nearly ready.

shop has 3/4 of a back wall framed, and is 1/2 of that is sided. , left wall is framed for windows, solid walls, but not finished framing out the 6 garage doors. front wall is not framed at all. right wall is butted up against old shop, but open at top 10 feet. hoping to finish more framing next week, and continue oak siding. will not finish siding tho. just don't know how far we will get. nearly out of money for that project as well. need to post photos for other thread.

sold a few upgrades to existing clients this week, so good news, and got bad news that another client is moving out of state. that makes 3. hate to start counting lost clients, but it is happening.

still trying to collect left over accounts receivable from last season.

need to do posters with jobs to get up by Oct. 1, Nov 1, then the big 3 posters with jobs to get up from Nov 1 to thanksgiving.

uniforms for employees are done, but I am looking to do new ones for me...

how and what are you guys doing? when you guys gonna start hanging?

David Gretzmier
09-06-2010, 08:24 AM
1 week to go. updates-

begin the journey to get pallet racks on Wednesday. won't be up by season start, but we will get them up soon.

back of building is nearly done, all framed up and 90% covered in siding. putting siding on a 26 foot tall building has been no easy task. front is framed and 1/3 papered. by monday hopefully all windows will be in and more paper and siding up in front, and back is done.

1 Christmas postcard is done, 2 more to go. finding the 800 bucks to get each of them printed and mailed to me is tough, much less the 1000 bucks to mail them to hopeful clients. luckily we start billing for Christmas lights next week. need money.

collected some accounts receivable from last year, but not all. still owed about 7 grand. I am reasonably confident they will pay, as they are all customers that are 3 year clients or longer.

3 more clients are moving or storing. that is 6. major upgrade from one client last week was 3 grand added to display. did a bid yesterday that is essentially the first new bid of the season, not counting a few feb-aug folks.

stilll need to do posters, dvd's, uniforms for me, finish 3 tab flyer, and buy a boxvan or 2 by Nov. 1. probably not gonna get all that done.

as an added bonus stressor, I am considering selling my home and purchasing a severe fixer upper to live in with a small achorage to finally build the log cabin that my wife and I have always wanted.

how are you guys doing?

hotrod1965
09-06-2010, 04:08 PM
1 week to go. updates-

begin the journey to get pallet racks on Wednesday. won't be up by season start, but we will get them up soon.

back of building is nearly done, all framed up and 90% covered in siding. putting siding on a 26 foot tall building has been no easy task. front is framed and 1/3 papered. by monday hopefully all windows will be in and more paper and siding up in front, and back is done.

1 Christmas postcard is done, 2 more to go. finding the 800 bucks to get each of them printed and mailed to me is tough, much less the 1000 bucks to mail them to hopeful clients. luckily we start billing for Christmas lights next week. need money.

collected some accounts receivable from last year, but not all. still owed about 7 grand. I am reasonably confident they will pay, as they are all customers that are 3 year clients or longer.

3 more clients are moving or storing. that is 6. major upgrade from one client last week was 3 grand added to display. did a bid yesterday that is essentially the first new bid of the season, not counting a few feb-aug folks.

stilll need to do posters, dvd's, uniforms for me, finish 3 tab flyer, and buy a boxvan or 2 by Nov. 1. probably not gonna get all that done.

as an added bonus stressor, I am considering selling my home and purchasing a severe fixer upper to live in with a small achorage to finally build the log cabin that my wife and I have always wanted.

how are you guys doing?

We sold our first job last week. Got billing done, just need to mail it out.
Going back over old bids from last year and clients that we hung thier lights and coming up with proposals for them.