PDA

View Full Version : grasshopper 618 gemini eaton hydro

joedan
08-20-2010, 05:54 PM
I read on a google thread of a person with the same lack of power on his grasshopper. Mine is also a 618, 1998 model. In his thread he mentioned that he was told he could replace his hydro motors for 650.00 eash but he preferred to rebuild himself. I just want to know where i can get these 2 hydro motors for 650.00 each. My transaxles are fine and i do not want to spend 1699.00 for each side from a dealer plus labor. Help help tahnks dan

ECO Landscaping
08-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Try looking at JThomas.com. I thing they sell for $800 each side.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mowingman
08-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Have you tried changing the hydro filters and the hydro oil. It might perform better. Unless you have a lot of hours on that machine, you should not be having hydro. problems. By lots of hours, I mean in the neighborhood of 2000 + hours.

joedan
08-21-2010, 10:44 AM
THANKS ECO i WILL TRY J THOMAS, MOWING MAN MY UNIT HAS 800 HOURS AND WE CHANGE OIL AND FILTER LAST SEPTEMBER. MY BIGGEST CONCERN RIGHT NOW IS FING THE HYDROS AT THE BEST POSSIBLE PRICE BEFORE THE LEAVES START TO FALL MANY THANKS :clapping:

Mowingman
08-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Be careful about using J.Thomas. There have been many negative comments on this forum about the VERY POOR service that folks are getting out of them. I would pay by credit card, not debit, so you can dispute the charge, if you do not get your merchandise on a timely basis.

StihlMechanic
08-28-2010, 12:07 AM
I read on a google thread of a person with the same lack of power on his grasshopper. Mine is also a 618, 1998 model. In his thread he mentioned that he was told he could replace his hydro motors for 650.00 eash but he preferred to rebuild himself. I just want to know where i can get these 2 hydro motors for 650.00 each. My transaxles are fine and i do not want to spend 1699.00 for each side from a dealer plus labor. Help help tahnks dan

if both wheels lack power, i would suspect the belt is slipping, the GH 600's front decks are known for the primary pulley being washed out and not gripping the belt. try replacing it first.

joedan
09-12-2010, 11:54 AM
:dancing:YEP, THE PRIMARY PULLY WAS WASHED OUT I REPLACED IT AND THE HYDROS ARE ONCE AGAIN WORKING FINE I HAD ANOTHER ISSUE AND WAS NOT BOTHERING WITH IT TILL I GOT THE MACHINE TO MOVE. THE BLADES WOULD NOT ENGAGE AND WHEN I REPLACED THE FUSE (7.5) IT WOULD JUST BLOW AS SOON AS I TURNED THE IGNITION SWITCH ON. I ISOLATED THE BLADE ENGAGE SWITCH ( UN PLUGGED) AND IT STILL BLEW THE FUSE. I UNSOLDERED THE DIODE OFF THE CIRCUIT BOARD, GOES FROM THE BROWN LEAD ON THE C BOARD TO YELLOW/GREEN TERMINAL ON THE C BOARD AND THEN REPLACED THE FUSE AND NOW IT DOES'NT BLOW, BAD DIODE. NOW TO FIND THE PART # FOR THE DIODE, ANOTHER FORUM SAID IT IT 604886 AVAILABLE AT MOWPARTS .COM FOR $9 BUCKS GRASSHOPPER SERVICE MANUAL DOES NOT SHOW THIS AS A SERVICABLE PART, ANY THOUGHTS ???
THANKS FOR SAVING ME ON THE HYDROS YOUR MY HERO

StihlMechanic
09-12-2010, 02:18 PM
:dancing:YEP, THE PRIMARY PULLY WAS WASHED OUT I REPLACED IT AND THE HYDROS ARE ONCE AGAIN WORKING FINE I HAD ANOTHER ISSUE AND WAS NOT BOTHERING WITH IT TILL I GOT THE MACHINE TO MOVE. THE BLADES WOULD NOT ENGAGE AND WHEN I REPLACED THE FUSE (7.5) IT WOULD JUST BLOW AS SOON AS I TURNED THE IGNITION SWITCH ON. I ISOLATED THE BLADE ENGAGE SWITCH ( UN PLUGGED) AND IT STILL BLEW THE FUSE. I UNSOLDERED THE DIODE OFF THE CIRCUIT BOARD, GOES FROM THE BROWN LEAD ON THE C BOARD TO YELLOW/GREEN TERMINAL ON THE C BOARD AND THEN REPLACED THE FUSE AND NOW IT DOES'NT BLOW, BAD DIODE. NOW TO FIND THE PART # FOR THE DIODE, ANOTHER FORUM SAID IT IT 604886 AVAILABLE AT MOWPARTS .COM FOR $9 BUCKS GRASSHOPPER SERVICE MANUAL DOES NOT SHOW THIS AS A SERVICABLE PART, ANY THOUGHTS ???
THANKS FOR SAVING ME ON THE HYDROS YOUR MY HERO

glad it worked out. I have purchased quite a few of those GH's with "bad" trannys for cheap, lol. Take the diode to radio shack, they should have one.