PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a Hustler ZTR with their bagging system???

crazygator
08-04-2002, 11:51 PM
If you are using this setup, what are the pros and cons to it? I am looking into the possibilities of either the Hustler or Exmark due to their bagging. I have talked to some who have the Exmark setup and wanted to hear from those who have a Hustler setup as well. Any help will be much appreciated! :)

gene gls
08-05-2002, 12:44 AM
The Hustler Bac-Vac unit is the best that I have seen on any ZTR machines. Its very light compared to other brands, 3 pins and a chain belt tensioner hold it on the mower. One man can remove and replace the unit in minutets, no tools needed. It also empties from the seat.

Gene

excel25
08-05-2002, 08:12 AM
I have a super-z with the bac-vac,,,,,,,,,,awesome!!! very easy to put on or take off, sucks great, easy to dump, the air from the box comes out at the bottom of the door not the top so you stay a lot cleaner. My neighbor has a Exmark and all I have heard is him complaine about his not picking up good.

JLC
08-05-2002, 09:03 AM
It works great. I've been using mine in the spring and fall for cleaning lawns and it is quite efficient. As has been stated earlier, you simply reach back and grab a lever to dump the system without ever leaving the seat. Taking the system off takes around 2 minutes. It does a good job at picking up what you cut. I've only had mine clog when I'm not paying attention to how full the hopper is getting. To get the clog out, I keep a flat screwdriver on the mower with me to loosen the clamp on the transfer tube so I can remove it and remove the clog. This is a very good system.