PDA

View Full Version : Help me with a termination letter.

JohnnyRocker
08-21-2010, 09:18 PM
I want to drop a customer. Does anyone have a professional letter they have used to do this? I have searched everywhere on the site and really couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Ocutter73
08-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Whats the reason? Not getting along with them? Are they not paying?

GunnPropertyServices
08-21-2010, 10:54 PM
just come up with your own, keep it really simple and short dont say anything to piss them off, even if you dont care what they think you dont want the going out of there way to talk bad about you, I usallly dont give any certain reason. Due to recent circurstances we can no longer service your property, Sorry for any inconveince this might cause,,, Please consider this written notice, give a date and attached final invoice if any

JohnnyRocker
08-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Well, this had been a pita issue for the past year. I just started last year and I needed to keep it. I can spare them now. Today I received a call from some lady who doesnt even live there complaining about a bush on his property that isn't "pretty", and asking when I was going to trim it. So he had one of his friends call me, as she stated. Anyways, I just emailed him a notice, so we can both get on with our lives.

procut
08-21-2010, 10:57 PM
The reason would help. I used to have a good one; I haven't used it in a couple of years. I have since got a new computer and don't seem to have it anymore. As I recall, it went something like this.

Dear XXXX,

Effective August, 31st 2010 I have no choice to end our agreement for lawn maintenance service. This decision was based upon your payment history of invoices not being paid in the full amount and payments being consistently late.

I have included your final invoice, payment is expected within 30 days.

Best Wishes,

Your Name

Their was quite a bit more to it, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Chilehead
08-21-2010, 10:58 PM
If you have a contract with this customer, I would not drop them unless they breached contract (a reason to drop them), otherwise YOU would be breaching contract. On the other hand, if they don't have a contract I would compose something candid, polite, and brief such as:
Dear Mr. Customer,

We have sent you this letter to inform you that as of [DATE], services performed at [CUSTOMER'S PROPERTY] shall terminate due to [REASON/S]. Thank you.

Regards,
[YOUR NAME/TITLE]
[YOUR COMPANY NAME]

Make sure that if the customer owes you money to include notification in the letter.

Chilehead
08-21-2010, 10:59 PM
The reason would help. I used to have a good one; I haven't used it in a couple of years. I have since got a new computer and don't seem to have it anymore. As I recall, it went something like this.

Dear XXXX,

Effective August, 31st 2010 I have no choice to end our agreement for lawn maintenance service. This decision was based upon your payment history of invoices not being paid in the full amount and payments being consistently late.

I have included your final invoice, payment is expected within 30 days.

Best Wishes,

Your Name

Their was quite a bit more to it, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Aw gee, Procut. You beat me to it by a minute!:laugh:

JohnnyRocker
08-21-2010, 11:05 PM
If you have a contract with this customer, I would not drop them unless they breached contract (a reason to drop them), otherwise YOU would be breaching contract. On the other hand, if they don't have a contract I would compose something candid, polite, and brief such as:
Dear Mr. Customer,

We have sent you this letter to inform you that as of [DATE], services performed at [CUSTOMER'S PROPERTY] shall terminate due to [REASON/S]. Thank you.

Regards,
[YOUR NAME/TITLE]
[YOUR COMPANY NAME]

Make sure that if the customer owes you money to include notification in the letter.
I never signed anything. I'm glad now.